Our midstream oil and gas client is looking for an Oracle forms and PL/SQL Developer for an exciting project they are about to launch. The individual will be part of a team based out of Downtown Edmonton
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing support of production applications by troubleshooting issues and developing, testing, and migration of solutions;
- A strong understanding of the business processes and application functionality relevant to their area as well as an understanding of related applications in adjacent areas;
- Authoring technical design of functional specifications and progress the solution from design through the software development life-cycle to implementation;
- Ensuring adherence to, the IT processes and standards;
- Showing a keen interest in learning new applications and tools;
- Creating and maintaining database storage structures and objects;
- Providing production support of applications in production by troubleshooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution;
- Developing and unit testing application programs as specified in Technical Designs;
- Obtaining code reviews from Senior Application Developer;
- Ensuring that all programming standards and policies are adhered to;
- Obtaining Technical Designs and Unit Test plan reviews from Senior Application Developer;
- Performing Tech Designs and Unit Test plan reviews of other developers;
- Developing Unit Test Plans to test programs;
- Ensuring that standards and policies are adhered to; Authoring Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled; and,
- Developing and maintaining applications for business processes and systems.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten plus (10+) years of relevant experience required;
- Experience with Oracle Developer suite of tools including Oracle Forms, Reports, and PL/SQL;
- Strong understanding of business processes and application functionality; and,
- Java programming experience is a definite asset.
- Experience with invoice systems
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.