We are looking for a Document Control Specialist on behalf one of the largest electrical utility companies in St. Louis Missouri. They will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of records and document management using an electronic drawing/document management system.
This is a one year contract with a strong possibility of extension.
- Maintaining both confidential and public records, distribution lists, and files electronically in an electronic drawing or document management system.
- Ensure that Document/ Drawing Control and Records Management procedures are followed with records and documents generated from project vendors.
- Compliance with requirements such as document revision control, record retention protocols, document categorization, and electronic document management system standards is critical to the success of this position.
- Administer document control procedures for various projects and departments.
- Create and disseminate timely information to support Substation and Transmission Line Design.
- Electronically file documents within in compliance with the guidelines of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
- Prepare spreadsheets, presentations, and reports.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three or more years of document control experience required, preferably within an engineering environment.
- Knowledge and experience in records and document management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Great communication, organization, and human relations with the ability to perform work confidentiality required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a team environment.