Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility company in Michigan? They are currently looking for an Inventory Specialist II to support their facility in Royal Oak, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Inventory Specialist II
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Duration: Until Dec. 2019 (possible extension)
- Provide inventory management support to various departments and select warehouses/storerooms/stockrooms while working under the direction of the VAPS Technical Support Manager.
- Perform expeditious handling of purchasing requirements; responsible for inventory management of assigned commodities, including setting reorder points and policies, and monitoring levels to ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained as required;
- Initiate requests to transfer materials across various company sites as required;
- Assist Accounts Payable personnel in resolving problems pertaining to Purchasing issues;
- Assist inventory control efforts through methods such as lead time reduction, scheduled shipments, supplier stocking, consignment programs, etc;
- Participate in assessment and selection of suppliers;
- Provide clients with solutions and alternatives to current supply sources;
- Serve as a liaison between internal customers and operational business groups;
- Acquire an understanding of internal client organizations and operations with respect to their expectations from ASP and the parts they utilize;
- Develop a working knowledge of materials in assigned commodities and their application in the field;
- Establish goals, objectives and plans to support the department’s metrics and monitor ongoing results; active participation in collaborative team efforts, as needed, to work toward solutions in support of company goals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent.
- At least 2+ years of professional work experience in the Supply Chain field and have demonstrated proficiency in learning the basic supply chain concepts and functions, with a focus on inventory management.
- The candidate must have exceptional customer service skills (both internal and external), be able to manage multiple tasks with shifting demands, and be willing to enhance skills with education and certification in Supply Chain Management.
- Must be able to work collaboratively, as well as independently. SAP experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, MS: Excel, MS: Word, MS: PowerPoint, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Analytical Aptitude, Customer Service, Work with all levels
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.