We are looking for a Systems Administrator on behalf of one of Ohio’s largest utility companies.
As part of the IT Endpoint Design & Management team, this position will have a responsibility to provide best practice recommendations, speed new features to market in an evolving modern infrastructure.
The successful candidate will assist in the implementation, use, and development of new end-user experiences, such as Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, windows servicing, and more.
This individual will learn to leverage enterprise-level workstation configuration through Group Policy and Intune, will work with multiple technologies supported by Endpoint Design & Management such as Beyond Trust Remote and CyberArk EPM, and facilitate solutions to unique problems on endpoints throughout the Environment.
- Endpoint Device Health
- Workstation Update Compliance
- Encryption Compliance (BitLocker)
- Upgrade Readiness
- PC Image Strategy & Governance
- Software Package Deployment Standards
- Hardware R&D
- Technical Research
- Endpoint Cloud Services Integration (e.g. Intune, Autopilot, CMG)
- GPO (Group Policy) Management
- SCCM Dashboards and Maintenance
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Understanding of software packaging, workstation patching, desktop procedures, PC deployment, PC lifecycle, and asset management
- Strong foundational knowledge of enterprise PC support processes
- Foundational knowledge and prior work experience with Administering enterprise deployment systems such as Microsoft SCCM/Intune.
- Ability to learn new concepts in information technology, learn the characteristics of new systems, and update skills to adapt to changing technology
- Ability to evaluate complex systems to define areas for improvement
- Project management certification, a plus but not required
- Familiarity with working in an IT department with partial outsourcing, a plus but not required
- Knowledge of CIP and SOX regulations, a plus but not required
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Powershell and other scripting languages
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in IT related major or related field with 2 to 4 years of experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 4 to 6 years related work experience.
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented, motivated, focused, and hard-working
- Good communication skills, collaborative
- Customer-service focused.
Note: This role will be remote to start and need local candidates as we are scheduled to return to the office in June and then this person will need to be on site.