Vice President and Sector Lead for Buildings
A world class consulting firm that has been featured on numerous television documentaries involving the worlds tallest skyscrapers and landmark structures is seeking a Sector Lead VP for the buildings group.
So what does this entail?
This position reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for the development of sales growth strategies across all regions within the Buildings Sector. You will do this by conducting market research, preparing market strategies and establishing market priorities. You are accountable for setting high technical standards across all practice areas and ensuring that R&D contributions continue within the Buildings Sector.
Business Development & Sales
- Global marketing strategy
- Development of strategic customers and Sector growth
- Work with Regional VP developing M&A opportunities in their regions.
- Marketing budget management.
- Provide intel to regional sales team on potential new business opportunities and facilitate introductions
Project Delivery Accountability:
- Oversight on all major projects especially ones involve new business development.
- High level of service delivered across the Sector globally.
- Project management/sponsorship for key projects especially those that involve new/ key clients.
- Setting a standard across all practice area groups across the Sector.
- Assessing Sector trends in technology. Works with Regional business to assign Technical teams to strategic development allocating time of technical staff towards R&D across the different Sectors.
- Developing key technical skills across sector while maintaining a high technical standard, reputation and capability.
- Technical development of Practice Area Leaders and development of direct reports.
- Finding specialist talent within the Sector and working with Regional Managers to fit them into their group structure.
- Setting KPI’s and objectives and managing performance of Sector staff.
- Accountable for the overall engagement of Global staff.
- Ensuring all Health and safety regulations are policies are developed, maintained and enhanced within the organization.
- Knowledge of the engineering requirements for the specific Sector.
- Previous experience working as a General Manager or VP for a Business unit or Regional area.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills (e.g. oral, written, and listening).
- Experience with developing a Business strategy and can demonstrate previous success in implementing the strategy.
- Developing measurements to set, monitor and achieve Business unit short term and long-term goals.
- Holds Professional Engineering designation.
- Has completed MBA level studies in Business management and/or has previous demonstrated experience developing market strategy for the Sector (P&L management).