Do you want to work for one of the largest “Renewable Energy” company in Ohio? They are currently looking for an “Construction Site Manager” to support their facility in Columbus, OH. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Site Construction Manager will be involved in all phases of construction including civil, structural, electrical, testing and commissioning of utility substation construction projects (which may include new construction or modifications or upgrades to existing substations).
- Be responsible for the overall control of all project activities at the job site including managing site personnel, safety, project quality, reliability, cost control, and schedule milestones.
- Be responsible for overall site management of projects per the contract and for cost effectiveness and the most efficient use of resources.
- Report operationally to the Project Manager responsible for the specified project
- Customer interface and work coordination.
- Interface with assigned Project Engineers for electrical and civil design requirements throughout life of project.
- Coordinate all assigned projects site personnel and coordination between subcontractors, craft labor and post-order construction.
- Be responsible for direction of subcontractor work within scopes established. Coordinate with contract administration for issues with written contracts.
- Be responsible for material and equipment inventories and control.
- Ensure policies are properly administered relating to all project documentation, communication and reporting routines.
- Interface with project planning and scheduling to ensure accurate execution of schedule; provide update and percent complete evaluations.
- Work with EHS Coordinator for ensuring all site safety procedures are strictly adhered to including daily and weekly meetings and documentation routines.
- Coordinate with Project finance to ensure timely and accurate inputs into financial reporting.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Field, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated on-site installation and construction methods experience
- Minimum of 3 years field engineering experience on electrical utility projects
- On -site installation and construction methods experience
- Experience in scheduling and cost tracking
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated project management or construction management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent documentation skills