Field Service Engineer
Our client is a medium-size Canadian company in Niagara Falls who designs and manufactures thermal processing equipment and associated material handling devices. They build equipment for many different industries including automotive, oil and gas, steel, aluminum, fasteners, aerospace and forging.
This job requires a successful applicant to wear many “hats”, on some days you will be troubleshooting electrical components, other days guiding contractors through the assembly of industrial equipment and other days tuning combustion systems with many other tasks aside from those. Your education in engineering is just the basis for your continued learning and development of hands on and other skills and experience. You will be learning tasks and skills that are normally associated with millwrights, electricians, controls engineers, mechanical engineers, combustion technicians, riggers and project managers among others.
- The successful candidate will be trained to lead and motivate a team in the completion of projects that meet or exceed the customer’s expectations, within the budgeted time and cost.
- Responsibilities for projects will begin at the pre-sales stage and continue until the completion of field commissioning.
- A hands-on, customer service oriented person is required who enjoys extensive worldwide travel.
Training will be provided in:
- Project planning & scheduling
- In-house testing of equipment and systems
- Supervision of the construction, commissioning and servicing of our highly automated thermal processing lines
- Sub-contractor liaison and report writing
- Specification writing & material demand releases
Other skills that will be developed include:
- Mechanical design work in combustion, drive systems, piping systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, stress analysis, structural design and material selection.
- Electrical design of industrial control systems – PLC & HMI, understanding of industrial networks and associated components (AB, Seimens, Device Net, ProfiBus etc); Variable Frequency Drive setup & integration; process controllers, field sensors.
- Robots integration and programming experience (Fanuc, Motoman, etc.)
Qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an Engineering Technology diploma
- A commitment to obtaining a TSSA gas technician certification.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Outstanding team working and organizational skills
- Practical understanding of cost benefit analyses, equipment maintainability and operability
- Creativity and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing requirements
- Eligibility to hold a Canadian passport and able to travel the world
- Valid un-restricted drivers license
- Familiarity with software(s) such as AutoCAD, Excel, Word and MS Project
- A desire to be continually learning as you travel the world for your job.