Our growing manufacturing client in Mississauga is adding a Material Planner/Buyer to their team. If you are a relationship builder, high level of integrity and sense of urgency, we need to talk.
You will be responsible for all necessary planning of supplier schedules. This position will work directly with the operations team, solving issues and improving processes to ensure smooth efficient fulfillment of customer orders.
- Releasing supplier schedules and orders to support manufacturing, as well as expediting and following to meet assembly requirements.
- Review planning parameters and make changes to improve material flow and inventory levels.
- Work with suppliers to improve on-time delivery, quality issues, reduced lead times, and minimum buys.
- Assist/perform as required, planning parameters and system set up to support efficient order fulfillment.
- Develop open and transparent communications with peers within the Materials team as well as other functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Certificate plus
- 5+ years of manufacturing/materials planning and scheduling experience is required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to function as part of multiple teams in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Must be highly organized and comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Must be motivated and passionate about the work content.