Our Public Client in Scarborough, ON is looking to hire a Business Analyst for 3-6 month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Business Analyst will be responsible for accomplishing the following objectives:
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Work collaboratively with the users, user groups, and stakeholders in documenting the business requirements.
- Define and document configuration specifications and business analysis requirements.
- Provide input for quality assurance.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements.
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration.
- Help design, document and maintain system processes.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team.
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Business Requirements document (BRD)
- Functional Requirements document (FRD)
- Use Cases
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Active listener
- Tactful questioner
- Solution oriented exploration of dissenting views
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Documentation (business requirements and functional requirements)
- Process mapping
- Analytical Skills
- Critically review the information solicited and documented for opportunities, solutions and alternatives
- Technical Skills
- Moderate exposure to technical (IT) project documentation.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.L
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”