Our Public Sector client, based out of Victoria, BC is looking for a Technical Writer. The position provides a full range of content services for the corporation, including researching, writing and editing a variety of corporate procedures managed on our client's corporate procedures website which supports a wide variety of programs and initiatives relating to a designated pension plan(s) and works closely with the senior business analysts and systems analyst and on a variety of software and web tools. Additionally, the technical writer works collaboratively with Business Services teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Client Service Managers (CSMs) and various Working Groups (WGs). A high level of independent decision making and judgment is required to identify issues and ensure that all information prepared and delivered is appropriate, accurate and consistent with both corporate and board standards, policy and expectations.
Expected activities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and execution of business process and corporate procedures materials.
- Ensures that the corporation effectively connects with internal stakeholders through the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of business process and procedures associated with corporate project initiatives.
- Provides a full range of content services for the corporation, including researching, writing and editing a variety of corporate procedures managed on our corporate procedures website.
Desired skills & experience:
- 5 + years' Technical Writing
- Web writing, editing and instructional design
- Procedure planning
- Experience using web development software
- Content publishing programs, graphics applications, flowchart software