Are you ready to help fight the spread of Covid-19? Alberta Health Services is hiring a number of additional Case Managers to beat back the second wave.
In this position, you will help identify and manage contact tracing by conducting interviews of patients with confirmed or probable exposure to COVID-19. This phone-based, work-from-home role requires experience with healthcare, social work, or counselling patients as it’s critical to be empathic and sensitive to people affected by these difficult circumstances.
There are multiple positions and shifts available.
- Assess COVID-19 signs and symptoms, as well as underlying health conditions.
- Discuss symptom onset to determine the window period for contact exposure risk.
- Inquire about previous activities to identify who may have been exposed.
- Elicit information on close contacts, and assess support needs to maintain health and compliance during self-isolation.
- Facilitate testing and referral to healthcare services and resource care coordination.
- Provide recommendations for self-isolation and review of daily monitoring procedures.
- Educate and provide COVID-19 specific information.
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English.
- Able to receive a clear criminal background check.
- Have a dedicated space with reliable internet for making confidential phone calls.
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, infection prevention and control practices.
- Proficiency with use of computers and ideally Microsoft Office 365.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, empathy and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Some knowledge of HIPPA regulations and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Regulated health professional (Nursing, Social Work, Dietician, Physiotherapist, etc)
- Experience in healthcare or social work, preferably in interviewing/counseling patients.
- Demonstrated individual, group, community, and population assessment skills.
- Experience completing health assessments.
- Additional language skills.
This is a temporary position with varying shifts and hours, working remotely. We are currently hiring for three standard shifts: days, evenings, and weekends. You will require a personal laptop or desktop computer. Any other equipment needed will be provided.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this role, only candidates that match the qualifications will be contacted to move forward with an interview.