Do you want to work for one of the largest “Healthcare” company in Ohio? They are currently looking for an “Packaging Engineer” to support their facility in East Cleveland, OH. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Packaging Engineer designs, tests, and implements packaging designs that are an integral part of the organization's Product Development process
- Work with Product Management/Sales/Marketing to understand packaging requirements for unit of sale packaging and displays
- Work with Suppliers to explain packaging requirements and confirm whether an existing structure will work with new lamps.
- When required, have the display quoted for material cost and labor assembly costs
- Design and test new lighting product structures.
- Perform ISTA testing on new structures.
- Interface cross-functionally with Sourcing, Product Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Distribution, and Technology in completing packaging projects.
- Work with The China Packaging and Sourcing team to implement Cost-out projects for both manufactured and sourced products.
- Maintain the packaging design database by linking drawings to technical lamps
- Understand regulatory requirements and ensure design intent on new or modified structures.
- Analyze product damage, determine root cause, and implement packaging corrective actions to eliminate issue.
- Update and develop pallet configuration standards. (CAPE diagrams)
- Ensure shipping and receiving requirements of key customers by correcting and implementing palletizing, bar coding and labeling requirements.
- Understand and build packaging bills of materials in Enovia.
- BS in packaging engineering
- Project leadership: demonstrated ability to develop and meet schedules, financial goals, and commercial requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively across organizational lines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consumer products packaging design experience
- Shop floor knowledge – BOMs
- Distribution operations experience