If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for a Scientist for 18+ months assignment in Marlborough, MA
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Hands-on experience establishing processes for mammalian Cell Line Development workflow
- Experience with lipofectamine and electroporation techniques
- Experience with selection in GS or dhfr platform
- Experience with single cell cloning
- Experience with the use of shake flask and shaking deep well plate cultures
- Experience in evaluating fed-batch performance
- Cell culture and fermentation experience with CHO
- Molecular Biology experience in
- Vector design for mammalian expression
- Gene cloning, ligation, transformation, clone screening and analysis
- DNA preparation mini-midi-maxi scale
- DNA sequence analysis
- PCR, qPCR
- Hands-on experience in standard antibody/protein assays such as protein gels, Western blots, ELISA, ForteBio operation, etc
- Experience with FACS cell sorting would be a plus
- Hands-on experience in technical transfer of processes/methods to and from collaborators would be a plus
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Champion continuous improvement activities by initiating process and product quality improvement initiatives
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years relevant work experiences out of school
- Good understand of biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology and molecular genetics
- Hands-on experience developing mammalian cell lines expressing recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies
- Experience in technical customer service considered a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.