Our client is in the healthcare business. They carry more than 35,000 products in distribution centres across Canada. They are the point of contact for manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for all Canadians.
You’ll help them carry out the mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
A FST (Field Service Technician) is responsible to install, set up, maintain, troubleshoot and perform repair to client systems and equipment (hardware and software). Such work may be on or off site and may involve co-ordination and co-operation with other support teams or third parties.
- Execute installations, repairs, necessary changes and assigned tasks on equipment onsite at customer sites as required. This includes being on-call on a rotating basis.
- Provide remote phone support.
- Maintain and manage equipment.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean, organized and safe at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from varied backgrounds
- Relevant front line, field based technical customer service work experience a clear asset
- Must be autonomous; demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently in the field
- Capability to work with team members in various departments to achieve departmental goals and to resolve internal and external customer issues in a timely manner
- Must have and keep a valid driving license
- Position requires frequent travel within a region and occasionally anywhere within Canada.
- Electronic, Robotics or Electro-mechanic college degree.
- Experience with pneumatic and robotics systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
- Experience with complex electronic control systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
- Experience with Hospital Automation and healthcare automation is an asset
- Capacity to learn and understand the functions of McKesson APS equipment and apply learnings
- Employee will be using his own vehicle