Our midstream client is looking for a Systems Analyst with experience in Hyperion Financial Management or similar Finance ERP Tools.
This position will provide technical solution expertise to the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Finance functional work stream within the ERP Program. This is a key role to help define and provide solution the Finance strategy, identifying solutions that meet the business requirements and enable the benefits desired. Candidate should possess a background in finance with functional expertise within the HFM application. This role will work closely with the ERP Technology and Data teams to deliver the solution, and act as a liaison between Systems Integrator resources and business SMEs.
- Review requirements and design specifications to ensure fit for purpose
- Engage Business SMEs to gather and derive business and systems requirements and translate them into functional – technical specifications.
- Review cross-functional business processes, identify fit gaps and propose remediation, manage interdependencies with ERP project schedule
- Design finance stream specific strategy and solutions to meet project deliverables
- Analyze and problem solves system issues in respective application portfolio to determine the best course of action.
- Maintain business process documentation and identify areas for process improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate business change in support of solution design and implementation. Document systems and their interdependencies in the form of system specifications.
- Collaborate with other development teams (SAP, Oracle R12, Oracle Cloud, Workiva, Essbase, Hyperion Planning and PowerPlan) as needed to build or modify functionality and integration
- Collaborate with architecture and operational teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards
- Provide oversight and governance to the HFM Finance development team
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings/presentations with various levels of management.
- Maintain domain Application-System knowledge and keeps abreast of solution development progress
- Participate in quality assurance testing ensuring defined user requirements are met; translate business requirements and use cases into test plans and test scenarios.
- Assist the business in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide technical assistance to the business in the use of information and data from various source systems.
- Facilitate data extracts and access to data for ERP Data Conversion, Master Data Management and Reporting and Analytics teams.
- Participate in data activities including data profiling, data mapping, data cleansing, and data validation within FDMEE & Hyperion HFM.
- This position does not have people leadership responsibilities and is an individual contributor role
- Decision Effectiveness limited to Perform although it is expected that successful candidates will relay recommendations, issues, and risks to the Functional Lead as necessary
Contacts (Working Relationships)
- Internal interactions will be Business SMEs across the Finance streams
- External interactions will include Software partners (Oracle) and System Integrators (Accenture)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced University degree in a related field, e.g., Computer Engineering, MBA or equivalent
- 3+ yrs. experience as a Functional Analyst, Project Lead, Business/Systems Analyst, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of relevant domain processes in Financial Consolidations & External Reporting
- Experience implementing the HFM application including requirements and testing experience
- Knowledge of core business applications such as HFM, FDMEE, Smart View and integrations from Oracle Cloud
- Technical data mining skills such as SQL, Smart View and advanced Excel to support data activities
- Ability to interpret process flow charts to understand what data is captured and how it travels between various applications and hardware components
- Advanced communication skills demonstrated through previous experience in the following contexts: multi-disciplinary project meetings, technical reviews with developers and SME’s, leading group training sessions
- Highly developed organizational skills to prioritize tasks and complete work within defined timeframes in a fast paced program environment
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.