We are seeking an experienced production planner/scheduler who brings 5+ years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment . The role of the Production Planner Scheduler is to successfully meet company goals and objectives while coordinating and monitoring production within the plant. Located in Etobicoke, this organization is over 40 years old and is one of the leading manufacturers in North America in their industry.
- Monitor, analyze, plan and execute daily production schedules
- Coordinates flow of work within and between departments
- Reviews and interpret dockets and master production schedule
- Distributes Dockets to different departments
- Determines progress of work and provides information to master scheduler
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failures of Machines in order to inform production planning personnel of production delays
- Performs daily inventory count of Roll Stock.
- Review schedule identifying and reporting plant capacity constraints.
- Facilitate resolution of production, manpower and material shortage problems quickly
- Recommend efficiency improvements to master schedule in order to minimize company cost and meet delivery deadlines.
- Five years of relevant experience in materials planning, scheduling, and forecasting within a high volume high mix manufacturing environment.
- Strong ERP system knowledge
- Understanding of production flow principles and manufacturing process
- Experience with Lean manufacturing principles
- Computer proficiency required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently
- Effective problem solver
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.