- Barrie, Ontario
- $35 to $42 per hour, OT after 8 hours daily
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Service Vehicle, Phone, Company-paid Benefits
- Certification of Qualification: 309A or 442A or 433A Required
- Service position, must be flexible for OT and On Call
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a well-established and leading solutions provider of Material Handling Equipment. They have a large inventory of cranes and provide installations and service to their clients. They have experienced tremendous growth and need an experienced Crane Technician to join their team and lead a crew.
As their new Technician, you have a background in Heavy Machinery moving and installation. You’re mechanically and electrically inclined along with structural welding and fitting experience. You like working in heavy duty trades, don’t mind working 50 hours a week and able to maintain a positive attitude when having to overcome a challenge.
You will be…
- Inspect equipment to defect faults and malfunctions of crane equipment
- Utilize experience to analyze and determine extent of repair required
- Resolve emergency breakdown situations of Crane and other equipment as necessary including responding to after-hours service calls when required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other maintenance work on material handling equipment
- Accurately complete inspection reports and daily time sheets, submitting in a timely manner
- Constantly utilizing problem solving skills
- Communicate with customers and management on a daily basis
- Work under time constraints and under pressure
- Drive to customer sites on a daily basis in company vehicle
- Ensure company’s and customers safety policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Be an positive representation of the company and provide excellent customer service at all times
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 10 years of Crane and Hoist industry experience
- Certification of Qualification in 433A Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) or 309A or 4422 Electrician
- Full G license with a Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Flexible to work overtime and on weekends if required
- Capable of physically demanding work (lifting and pushing on steel, standing for long periods of time, climbing, working at heights over 3 meters)
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive person that is approachable with strong communication skills and excellent customer service
- Able to maintain a commitment to safety at all times
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.