A precision manufacturer of nuclear components is seeking a production planner to join their team. Specifically we are searching for Individuals who have a passion for their work, who strive to create an outstanding customer experience and who work well under tight deadlines. The company strives to recognize their employees as their greatest assets and provide the opportunity for them to develop and grow within the organization.
The Production Planner is responsible for expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily, weekly and monthly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels, and solving production problems.
- Review, action and release production work orders (MCS) per schedule
- Responsible to align and forecast the load and capacity needs.
- Review, release, action, analyze and maintain the line of balance production schedule for each part number you own, expediting production orders (MCS) per your schedule
- Monitors the status of assigned work orders with department supervisor to determine progress of work and completion dates. Alters schedules accordingly to build recovery plans.
- Liase with production, quality and engineering to recommend improvements to the released MCS as well as ensuring configuration control of released documents through the implementation of Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s)
- Lead and drive resolution of non-conformances (NCR’s) through engineering and quality to either scrap or release rework operations, allowing production to commence again.
- Maintains routing and bill of material issues to released work orders, flagging engineering through change requests to update the standard router.
- Maintains the integrity of the MRP system with regard to system transactions
- Update and generate weekly production and efficiency key performance metrics.
- Liase with Quality and the customer’s inspectors in advance to ensure verify, witness, and hold points are managed and production flow is not impaired.
- Lead the inventory weekly, monthly counts and manage the correct batch sizing to reduce safety or obsolete stock.
- Diploma in Production Management or Inventory Management. (APICS certification preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Production planning, shipping and receiving or inventory management
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and ERP System required
- Knowledge of ASME Code, ISO 9001, CSA N285.0 and Z299 quality programs is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction, health and safety, environmental, quality and trade compliance..
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills to work within a team-based environment