Experienced Underground Miner
- Thompson, Manitoba
- Relocation costs covered up to $15,000 including housing for 60-days
- Experience with Bolter and/or Jumbo Drilling
- Permanent, 5/4 Schedule, 12-hour shifts
- $33.689 per hour to start, OT available, Shift Premiums
- Company Paid Benefits, Pension Matching Program
- PPE and Safety Training provided
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol Testing, Clean Shaven required
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a global Natural Resource company? Are you looking for a chance of scenery and love the outdoors? Why not have both – a great career and tons to do on your days off in the awe-inspiring northern boreal region. If you love hunting, boating, fishing, ATVs/snowmobiles, camping, and just being outdoors.
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is one of the largest producers of nickel. They value their people and want to do what’s right for their employees, customers, and community. With over a 100-years of history operating in Canada, and 50 years in Thompson, Manitoba, they have a strong comm
As our new Underground Miner, you will be committed to maintaining a safe work environment while sharing your knowledge with others. You can motivate and participate productively in a team environment.
You will be:
- Working with the following equipment: MacLean Bolter, Jumbo Drilling, Scoop Tram (Heavy Equipment)
- ITH/LCD Production Drilling
- Support Miner Functions (Picking Belt, Crusher, etc.)
- Shaft and Logistics
- Underground Construction/Shotcrete
Why this is the right job for you…
You like to be challenged and raise to the occasion when things get tough. You’re able to follow direction and express your concerns and ideas clearly. You like being apart of the team and helping each other. You’re not afraid to ask questions and admit when you’ve made a mistake; open-mind, honest, supportive and accountable are some of the words you use to describe yourself. Most importantly, you would never put yourself or others at risk, safety is of upmost importance to you. You are looking for a long-term career that can lead to opportunities for advancement and personal development.
- High School Diploma
- Previous underground mining experience
- Experience working with Bolter and/or Jumbo Drilling
- Willingness to relocate to the Thompson, Manitoba area
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.