Our client is seeking Enterprise Scheduler/P6 Administrator to support our client’s Life Extension and Major Outage programs.
During an extended window of increased Project work there is parallel work with long Outage campaigns, updating infrastructure such as buildings, and IT tools as well as external impacts such as other refurbishment projects. To help address this, the Enterprise planning team was formed to build and report on an enterprise level plan that integrates and reports on the planning and execution of all work activities to allow coordination of:
- Station Online work,
- Outage work,
- Project activities including site service, IT projects, mega projects, and asset management work
This plan will enable a site wide view on risks, opportunities and key aspects of integration such as resources.
The Enterprise Scheduler/P6 Administrator reports to the Manager, Enterprise Scheduling in supporting project management professionals, project controls professionals and executives by managing the development, coordination and implementation of comprehensive enterprise schedules. These schedules enable the rest of the business to identify risks, opportunities and key aspects of integration such as resources.
Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills are required to ensure integration across all business functional areas and develop competencies within the business to ensure all accountabilities are successfully achieved. Critical thinking and strong communication skills are required to help develop improved reporting/data modeling in a way that understands the impacts and flow of information through established systems. Sensitivity in reporting factual information in a way that ensures respect and cooperation amongst diverse work streams.
- Strong ability to liaise/network and form working relationships within the organization to their mutual benefit
- Can effectively liaise with the various business streams
- Ability to research, analyze complex information, think critically
- Part of a team charged with developing Enterprise Scheduling capability.
- Need to possess strong language and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in relationship management
- Ability to take complex schedules and summarize at the right level to enable clear, concise messaging.
- Ability to successfully implement change among peers
- Proven strong decision making skills at times with limited information on hand
- Experience presenting to Executive teams and leading cross functional meetings
- Ability to communicate vision of end goal to influence others
Developing Plans and Schedules
- Expertise in structuring, organizing and managing multiple complex projects, with a proven track record of successful project completion.
- Strong background in the planning software Primavera.
- Preferably acted as company P6 administrator.
- Experience with back end data tables in Primavera P6.
- Experience integrating complex portfolios of large and diverse project schedules.
- Generates periodic standard reports in tabular and graphical formats from Primavera and other applications.
- Develop and ensure schedule data analysis is performed to identify trends, issues, and critical activities requiring attention.
- Provides timely information/metrics to Project Managers so that corrective measures can be taken and the project kept on track.
- Develops and ensures compliance with policies, plans, processes, and procedures related to Project Planning & Scheduling.
- Manages the development of the integrated enterprise schedule incorporating interfacing Program and contractor schedules such as milestones for planned and unplanned outage work for a stakeholder such as a station owner, to ensure execution of project deliverables.
Education and Experience
- Superior communication (written, oral and presentation) skills, and advanced skills in substantive editing, copy editing and proofreading.
- Excellent judgement and political acuity to deal with highly visible, complex and politically sensitive issues.
- Experience providing strategic communications advice and crisis communications support in a high-profile and contentious environment.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, project management, problem-solving, research and analytical skills to anticipate issues, analyze their impacts, and develop options and recommendations.
- Experience measuring and analyzing metrics and key indicators to evaluate and improve communications and outreach programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead teams, collaborate with colleagues, and build positive relationships with cross functional areas.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University (Grade XII plus 4 years) in General Technical or Business degree or related field with 10 years experience or by having the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project or Program Management Professional (PMP, PgMP) and/or demonstrated familiarity with the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Any certification by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACE), with special emphasis on the Planning and Scheduling is an asset.