Nuclear Energy is one of Canada's biggest and busiest industries from manufacturing to power generation. We have an immediate need for an Afternoon Shift Supervisor to support a manufacturing facility that is making components for nuclear companies across Canada and globally.
- Lead the afternoon shift team to safely and efficiently meet daily production targets for the shift;
- Interface with Quality Control to generate dimensional inspections on all work in progress in a timely manner;
- Direct all maintenance activities required during the shift;
- Monitor and support any shipping and receiving requirements during the shift;
- Provide training and coaching to help new and existing team members become the best that they can be in their roles;
- Support the Production Supervisor in liaison with Engineering, the Applications Specialists and Quality Control to develop and maintain robust work instructions and manufacturing plans;
- Act as the ambassador for the development of the Company’s culture to the afternoon shift team;
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and the Production Supervisor to develop schedules and complete all required reporting on a daily basis;
- Become a certified member of the Health and Safety committee;
- Assist in preparing annual staff performance reviews;
- Administer progressive discipline when required;
- Responsible for employee relations which includes, but is not limited to, hiring, work direction, mentoring, coaching, disciplining and the identification of training needs for employees.
- Manage and mentor employees. This includes setting performance targets and establishing goals each year with employees and conducting performance reviews as required by company policy.
- Ensure site compliance to all labour, human rights, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Ensures that all employees are suitably trained/qualified/licensed for the various tasks and jobs they must complete.
- Responsible for reporting any personal workplace injuries immediately and completing accident reports for injuries reported by your direct reports.
- Responsible for addressing safety concerns and hazards raised by direct reports with the support of the General Manager.
- Maintains an acceptable level of performance by following established policies and procedures, and participating in continuous improvement efforts by supporting and implementing new ideas.
- Sets a positive example by maintaining a respective attitude, cooperating with co-workers, management, internal and external customers
- Is a productive team member and helps to meet established departmental and Company goals.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment in required areas.
- Report to work for regularly scheduled shifts on time and ready to work
- Follow all company policies and health and safety procedures.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed.
- Willingly accepts responsibility of sharing skills and knowledge with other employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with high standing from a recognized university.
- Project Management Professional or equivalent certification.
- At least ten years of full-time experience working in either the nuclear, aerospace or defence industries in roles managing contracts, projects and procurement.
- Expert understanding of ASME Section III Code and the ISO9001:2008, CSA N285.0 and CAN3-CSA Z299 quality standards.
- Familiarity with components and tooling for a Candu reactor would be an asset.
- Expertise in reading and interpreting engineering component drawings including a very strong understanding of metrology and GD&T.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills to lead within a team-based environment.