Our Burnaby, BC based client has a need for a Portfolio Analytics Specialist to join their team for a twelve month contract starting in January 2020.
You will be gathering analytical requirements from senior leaders. Sourcing that data from systems and developing end-user analytical tools via Tableau to enhance operational insights that will drive to better management decisions. Examples of analytical topics are listed but not limited to the following: unit cost, spend performance, scheduler performance and completion performance.
- The Business Decision Support Professional facilitates complex decision-making in support of the design and implementation of business change or improvement initiatives.
- The Business Decision Support Professional is most likely an expert in business, specializing in a particular field such as Risk Management, Policy Advisory, Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, or Business Transformation. Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum eight (8) years of strategic business analysis experience or equivalent.
- Translate business insights into strategic, actionable options by obtaining and organizing key business information, enabling informed decision-making.
- Facilitate decision-making across diverse groups of stakeholders by using excellent skills in communication, critical thinking, and persuasive influencing to deliver recommendations that align to the business goals.
- Maintain meaningful business relationships by prioritizing strategic considerations in a complex environment with diverse groups of stakeholders so that projects are implemented as planned.
- Plan and organize business initiatives by using knowledge in business drivers, risk tolerance, and trade-off processes, to enable successful integration and adoption in BC Hydro’s complex and regulated environment. Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Individual must have 2+ years of work experience in Tableau.
- 2+ years experience in SAS and "At Risk" software is preferred.
- Individual will need to work with senior management. Facilitation and relationship management skills will be an asset
- Experience with data analytics, data modelling etc.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.