Our Utility client, located in Toronto, ON, seeks a Contract Administrator for a 6 month contract role, beginning immediately(high chance of extension).
Accountable for the day-to-day field execution of an outsourced portfolio of the organization’s Streetlighting work program. This includes providing technical and administrative guidance and management to the selected vendor during the pre-construction and construction stages of the projects, monitoring the on time and on cost completion of assigned work programs to ensure the work meets the distribution system requirements and is constructed with a high degree of safety and reliability. Requires lot of field work to travel around Toronto City(GTA).
What you will be doing…
- Provides day-to-day iterative guidance and support to assigned contractor vendor(s) to ensure the work package viability (cost, customer, assets function, reliability, safety, environment) and timely cost-effective work completion.
- Manages and mitigates day-to-day construction issues in the field, including: oversight of legal compliance, materials issues, quality issues, environment, health and safety concerns, and customer complaints.
- Manages the day-to-day field contract administration of all reactive and corrective street lighting work orders issued by the project execution team, including compliance to service level KPI’s.
- Facilitate monthly short-interval-control (SIC) meetings with vendor Contract Administrators and Client's Street Lighting management to review program status, safety, and compliance KPI’s
- Regularly ensures all contractor staff comply with training requirements and conducts monthly safety inspections on contractor vendor firm field staff.
- Conducts root-causes analysis and investigations, identifies non-conformances, taking steps and actions to document, resolve and close gaps.
- Acts as a liaison with system operations to mitigate issues with hold-offs and work requests.
- Reviews assigned projects and scope packages and conducts project site visits to ensure material is current and relevant, and verifies approach and constructability.
- Consults with the Supervisor, Project Execution (Design) to provide advice, consultation and support on the constructability of the work package, offering advice/changes to support improvements to safety or reliability during the construction phase.
- Attends pre-construction and ongoing regular construction meetings with assigned vendor.
- Leads monthly safety and operations meetings with assigned contractor vendor firm(s) and provides content on safety topics and delivers any required environment, health and safety and/or quality bulletins and any standard design practice changes, process and procedure changes and operational updates.
- Supports Supervisor, Project Execution with recurring billing sessions to review and ensure all contractor work adheres to standards/guidelines.
- Reviews all requests for system access by contractor vendor staff; ensures pre-qualification of contractors are met.
- Coordinates external resource support, should the situation warrant, including engaging with the firms, rostering of crews, processing time sheets and managing materials availability.
- Acts as a single point of contact to contractor vendor firm(s) during escalated emergencies.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.