An attractive opportunity is available to a dedicated Architectural Technologist for our client, who is a boutique medium sized design practice in Edmonton. Our client's office is engaging, with a vibrant work atmosphere balanced with regular social events and philanthropic activities. They offer a competitive salary, great benefits and the opportunity to work on stimulating and varied project scales and complexities across Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Additionally, our client has a very team oriented, dynamic, supportive and enthusiastic office culture with opportunities for growth and development.
- Technical design and drafting
- Assisting in coordination of contract documents, both internally and with sub-consultants
- Participation in the resolution of technical and design issues
- Assisting in product research
- Participation in the design and construction process and provide input and support as required by the project
- Liaise with architects, designers and sub-consultants
- Technology Diploma or degree in Architecture from a recognized Institution
- 3-5 years related experience as an Architectural Technologist in Canada
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D modelling software; and experience with Revit is an asset
- Experience with Canadian building codes, standards and bylaws
- Knowledge of technical detailing
- Understanding of building construction and the value of effective technical documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse team members, as well as work independently
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines
- Experience with a diversity of projects across the industry is an asset
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.