CWB FCAW Welder
- St Catharines, Ontario
- $28 to $32 per hour
- Starting Monday, January 27th
- 3-month Contract with possible Call Backs
- Days, Monday to Friday, optional Saturdays
- Days or Afternoons Available
- Working At Heights and/or Confined Space Entry preferred
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a company that is in need for Flux Core Welders that have experience in All Positions. This is an ideal role for someone with previous Heavy Industrial experience and could be a good fit for someone coming from Plant Maintenance.
You enjoy working on large projects with lots of people. You can get along with others easily or even just like to put your head down and work. You are committed to work safely and providing a safe working environment for your crew.
You will be…
- Following the directions given by Supervisors and Lead Hands
- Preforming repairs and maintenance to large vessel while docked.
- Working in collaboration with others to accomplish daily assigned tasks.
- Arrive on time and prepared to start work for scheduled shifts
- Participating in all Safety and Planning meetings as required to attend.
- Being an active participant in maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others
Why this is the right job for you…
- CWB FCAW (Flux Core) 4G (All Positions) for Carbon Steel certification or 5 years of experience
- Has experience with All Position SMAW (Stick) welding in Carbon Steel
- Confident in passing a weld test if not CWB certified
- Proficient in reading Blueprints and other technical drawings.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills working in a fast pace workplace with a sense of urgency
- Able to start Monday, January 27th, 2020 and commit to the duration of the project (approx. end date March 20th, 2020)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.