AZ Driver (NO Touch)
- Brampton, Ontario
- $28/hour. Health and Dental start 3 months post full-time employment
- Sunday-Thursday night with the ability to return home daily
- 5-7 Short-haul trips in one week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading live poultry transportation company know for their best-in-class service to their customers and have a reputation for having long-term employees. They are committed to their employees, offer an environment that has strong family values and believes in work-life balance.
This would be an ideal position for anyone with an interest or background in agriculture, familiar with live stock, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Set up trailer at the farm for it to be loaded with poultry
- Managing the load, following animal welfare requirements
- Tarping, chaining and strapping of trailers
- Accurate weighing of empty and loaded cargo for processing
- Communication with dispatch, foreman and farmers on a daily basis
- Completion of paperwork, including paper logs and bill of ladings
Why this job is right for you:
- Must have AZ license
- Willingness to learn new skills. "No touch" drivers mean that you do not load the truck. If interested in learning, you will receive $75/ per trailer loaded
- Clean Abstract and CVOR
- Must be willing to work at night
- Must be willing to get there hands dirty
- Willingness to work with live poultry
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838-2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.