- Milton, Ontario (Relocation Bonus available)
- Permanent, Day Shift, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- $75,000+ depending on experience, plus 5% bonus
- Stable Work Environment with growing company
- Overtime Available, Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits
- 310B Body & Collision Repair Technician Journeyman preferred
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. You will always be busy with their 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As our new Shop Manager, you will be overseeing of 5 to 10 technicians that are primarily focused on body repairs of coaches and buses. You will have some previous leadership experience, like to be a working alongside your crew and help in their training and development.
You will be…
- Working in partnership with management to running the body side of the shop
- Responsible for assigning, monitoring and scheduling of work
- Providing guidance and troubleshooting help to technicians
- Responsible for the training and development of technicians
- Assisting in the repairing buses by removing, attaching, and aligning various body parts
- Assisting in the repairing dents, fill and seal depressions
- Repair bodies with standard body repair techniques
Why this is the right job for you…
- Have experience managing a team in an effective and professional manner
- Are open-minded and look for ways to improve process to become efficient
- Able to teach and coach technicians to develop their skills
- Have over 4 years of experience in body work and manipulation
- Knowledge and experience with all automotive plastics, putties, fillers, hardeners and metals
- Ability to analyze vehicle/equipment problems and provide expertise in repairs
- Ability to use variety of hand tools and measuring equipment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail, safety oriented, reliable, self-motivated and flexible
- Able to withstand long periods of standing and bending
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.