Our Utility Client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Pipeline Engineer for 12+ months of contract role with possibility of extension
As a Pipeline Engineer, candidate is responsible to determine and implement new and existing Company policies, practices and procedures which may affect the planning, design, construction, and, maintenance areas of the Company
- Determine and implement new and existing Company policies, practices and procedures which may affect the planning, design, construction, and, maintenance areas of the Company
- Approve and certify design and operations procedures with an engineering stamp confirming that the design or procedure under review conforms to Government laws and regulations, Company policies and procedures, accepted engineering practice, and up holds public safety.
- Manage the completion of projects using engineering and project management principles. Responsible for all project management aspects from inception to completion. Projects are typically cross-functional and often require forming and leading cross-departmental teams
- Prepare reports, Technical Assessments, Material Specifications, or updates of Company manuals (e.g. Construction and Maintenance Manual, Planning, Design and Records Manual)
- Manage the evaluation approval process and implementation of new products, tools, and equipment, or technologies that are applicable to the Natural Gas distribution system. Typically, these require long term, large scale, complex projects based on business plans, which have a wide impact on operations
- Provide Engineering On-Call duties including and not limited to drawing reviews, compression coupling investigations and responding to requests from field staff
- Complete engineering analysis on our distribution pipeline system that may require an understanding of operating practices, cost analysis, safety, stress analysis, fluid mechanics, metallurgy, plastic fusion, welding, or corrosion
- Provide technical consultation to corporate, regional departments, and junior engineering staff on complex engineering matters of policy, procedure, or practice. This requires detailed knowledge of codes and standards, regulations, materials, company policies and procedures and practices
- Provide project management support for significant pipeline construction projects. Project aspects to be considered include the planning, design, approval and procurement of materials, tendering, constructing, testing and commissioning of the pipelines or related facilities
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Graduates of recognized Engineering programs in a discipline of Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 7 years industry experience
- Proven experience and understanding of pipeline design, pipelines systems codes and standards, construction practices, field operations, service procedures
- Previous project management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and EIT’s through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”