Our largest client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading water technologies company.
We are looking for a Materials Handler to support the team.
Duration: 1+ year (Contract)
Location: Oakville, Ontario L6M 4B2
- Execute the receiving, storing, picking, staging and distribution of materials required for assembly manufacture of product.
- Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts or forklifts
- Picks parts products for shipments ensuring accuracy of identification and quantity
- Physically and systemically receive issue individual material requisitions from internal and external departments
- Create and or maintain transactional inventory records
- Maintain accurate files of packing and shipping activity Communicate notify appropriate personnel of shipping inventory discrepancies
- Fill kits and deliver to production as required Maintain stocking inventory objectives
- Quantifies and verifies cycle count
- May assist in training new hires
- Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
- Forklift license is mandatory with minimum 3-5 years of working experience in chemical industry using Counterbalance.
- Focus is on Chemical material handling and safe forklift driving
- High school Diploma or local equivalent
- TDG Certification Preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in storing and material handling
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
- Proficient in basic mathematics
- Ability to communicate well and work with others
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to consistently lift
- Skilled in forklift driving to pick up totes, drums and pails.
- SAP Experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong result-oriented mindset with teamwork spirit, willing to listen and learn the details
- Ability to utilize automated lifting equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advance computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.