Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Infrastructure System Analyst for a 6+ months contract, with high possibility of extension.
As an Infrastructure System Analyst, He/She is responsible to provide senior level technical expertise and oversight for the conception, design, implementation and support of Clients production, development and user acceptance testing (UAT) I&IT infrastructure, network and security operations
- Acts as an expert resource and provides guidance, mentorship and assist with coordination of team activities. In collaboration with the Infrastructure, Systems Architect, designs, defines, analyzes and communicates IT infrastructure design and implementation tasks into structured action plans and oversees the implementation of approved designs.
- Ensures infrastructure and network architecture complies with CLIENTS requirements.
- Designs, installs, configures, provides services from and maintains a Microsoft Windows Server based physical hardware to support a complex VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualized computing environment. Ensures the implementation of appropriate recovery mechanisms throughout the different levels of hardware and software abstraction.
- Creates, acquires or adapts and implements security policies, guidelines, processes and software tools based on service provider, CLIENTS business and staff requirements and industry best practices.
- Designs, installs, configures and maintains current Microsoft and other enterprise applications including those that support for example voice over IP, instant messaging, customer relationship management, collaboration, document repositories and secure remote access.
- Designs, installs, configures and maintains both development and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environments for CLIENTS business and infrastructure applications.
- Works with OPS Corporate Security and vendors to monitor network and server infrastructure to: test system access and ensure security policies are followed; identify and report unauthorized users, detect security threats and breaches, discover what data, software or hardware is compromised, measure overall performance and develop and implement response and corrective actions.
- Organizes and performs problem identification and resolution including root cause analyses on hardware, software and network problems not related to security issues, escalates and communicates as required and facilitates postmortems for high severity incidents.
- Provides 3rd level technical support and advice to CLIENTS business customers and IMIT colleagues.
- Organizes and develops Threat Risk Assessments (TRAs) for CLIENTS infrastructure, software and data holdings and addresses, at minimum, vulnerabilities, threats such as virus and denial of service attacks, firewalls, and intrusion detection and other security tools, recommends mitigation strategies and actions and updates or develops disaster and business recovery plans. Organizes and develops Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) in partnership with the CLIENTS Privacy Officer.
- Prepares and coordinates change requests including at least pre-activity backups, back out plans, responsibilities, timeframes and customer impacts and attends Change Advisory Board meetings with service providers to gain approval to implement changes to the CLIENTS infrastructure and any related technologies such as databases, telephony services or web sites.
- Keeps up to date on the latest trends and new technologies in network, infrastructure and security, researches and evaluates those that have business and I&IT value and recommends planning for adoption.
- Provides project leadership to acquire or develop, implement and support new technologies.
- Schedules and performs infrastructure maintenance, major security upgrades, application releases, product code releases and substantial software patches outside of business hours and coordinates necessary technical resources, including service providers as necessary, to support activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of common and CLIENTS deployed infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, Skype for Business, SharePoint, MFA, WAP, MIM, ADFS, 3PAR, Exchange, VMWare, and Hyper-V and how these systems can be best architected to support CLIENTS requirements.
- Knowledge of current CLIENTS technology infrastructure: networking technologies such as routers, firewalls, switches; infrastructure hardware such as servers, desktop devices, portable devices; network storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, NFS, RAID; and, monitoring, and reporting tools to maintain the availability, security and reliability of the total environment.
- Knowledge of the security and privacy requirements of PHO, OPS security standards and what tools, software and policies need to be implemented to reduce the time needed to identify and resolve problem, to protect against malicious attacks on the IMIT infrastructure and CLIENTS business data/information and to eliminate any breaches.
- Knowledge of systems and business analysis, requirements gathering and the application development lifecycle to set up test and development environments, assist developers and business customers in creating solutions that are compliant with privacy and security requirements and will operate in the technical and network environments.
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) of best practices and processes to ensure that: all problems or incidents are properly identified, logged, tracked to completion and documented to prevent recurrence; all changes including emergencies are documented and approved; applications and product code releases are grouped to minimize implementation time; and, infrastructure configurations are maintained.
- Knowledge of formal, industry standard project management methodologies to translate requirements into solutions, develop project plans, determine resources, track and report progress and deliver outcomes that meet plans.
- Planning, organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills to manage multiple concurrent activities, project tasks, incidents, installs, requests for service, support and technical advice and meet deadlines and changing demand
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate in computer science or industry certifications in system, network and security administration.
- 10 years of experience in network, security and infrastructure management.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”