Our Calgary based Energy client has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer. This is a contract position scheduled to begin immediately and last for twelve (12) months.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to support a large-scale Learning & Development project within our Downstream business. This would be a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will have experience on large scale learning projects, ideally within the oil and gas industry
• Conduct a learning needs assessment (LNA) to determine learning requirements
• Determine the appropriate training material format based on information gathered during the LNA, the OCM Impact Assessment and discussions with business and project team
• Develop role-based learning curriculum
• Determine or validate learning outcomes and objectives
• Collaborate with SMEs and project team members to obtain and compile training content in an organized and efficient manner
• Design and develop training material, quick reference guides, PowerPoint slide decks and other learning/support materials.
• Prepare paper-based material for printing and publishing
• Design hands-on activities for system and tool training including, where required.
• Develop fit-for-purpose learning solutions and assessments (e.g. social learning, 1-1 coaching, OJT, case-based learning, scenario-based assessments, etc.).
• Analyze existing learning and assessment programs for improvement and alignment with current standards for training and assessments
• Work with operations’ SMEs to identify and capture content related to learning and assessments
• Build rapport and manage relationships with business SMEs and project team members
• Adhere to a staged development process, obtaining required sign off at required stage gates in development
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the instructional design standards and development methodology
• Champion and adhere to the naming standards, version control mechanisms and document management requirements for instructional materials
• Support delivery of content
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years experience as an Instructional Designer.
• Degree/Certification in Workplace Learning, Adult Education required
• Experience creating instructional design documents for software, systems or applications
• Experienced in the use of Visio
• Expert knowledge in MSWord (knowledge of how to use styles and develop templates)
• Knowledge of instructional design best practices and adult learning principles
• Classroom facilitation experience
• Understanding of how an LMS functions in an organization and experience working with LMS administrators to upload and deploy courses
LMS administrators to upload and deploy courses
• Expertise in the use of SnagIt
• Experienced in the use of SharePoint or other document repository systems and the rigor required for the management of instructional materials
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree, related to Learning and Development, preferred
• Oil and Gas industry experience is an asset
• Project management experience is a definite asset
• Change management experience is a definite asset
• Creative and analytic problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, ability to proofread and edit other’s work
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.