Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational Oil & Gas companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Instrument and Control Engineer in Houston, TX
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- The Instrument and Control engineer works to ensure technical quality and the application of practical, operable, and innovative technology by the engineering contractors.
- The Instrument and Control engineer also helps to ensure contractor engineering discipline work is completed in an efficient manner and supports project schedule milestones.
- This role provides technical support to Operations while focusing in the establishment of the Reliability processes, development of effective asset strategies and, management and solution of Bad Actors.
- The main objective is to lead improvement of asset reliability and provide subject matter expertise by applying sound reliability engineering practices and analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree a plus – 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Provides safety leadership enforcing the Health, Safety , and Environmental policies, procedures, and objectives to ensure that I and C designs are inherently safer, risks are reduced, and EHS requirements are satisfied
- Provides leadership, along with the Clients' Technical Authority, for the overall instrument and control design efforts.
- Develops instrument design practices and philosophies including overall control schemes and shutdown philosophies
- Ensures that appropriate design specifications and standards are being used in the design process
- Ensures project design is consistent with the client's integrity management standard use of Guidance on Certification and industry standards.
- Reviews and provides comments on instrumentation and control designs – Reviews P&ID's, loop drawings, instrument specifications, and instrument selection.
- Provides safe, operable, and efficient equipment designs.
- Evaluates and selects vendors and equipment
- Identifies integration and infrastructure issues.
- Provides consultation and problem resolution – Assists with performance tests and problem resolution
- Assists in checkout, commissioning, and startup
- Actively participates in fabrication shop visits.
- Assists with the development of operation procedures and training.
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Engineers and Project Leads.
- Monitors performance of Engineering Contractor discipline engineers and reports deviations from acceptable performance.
- Facilitate Asset Critical Analysis, Facilitate Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Develop Asset Strategies, Lead Bad Actors Program, Support Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Identify sound technical solutions, Complete Cost-Benefit Analysis of recommended solutions, Develop asset Life-Cycle Analysis
- Develop, analyze and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Develop Reliability-Availability-Maintainability (RAM) Analysis, Lead Reliability Modeling and Analytics.
- Weibull Analysis and Growth Plots, Complete Data sourcing and mining, Lead Continuous Improvement of asset reliability, Recommend optimization and technology opportunities.
- Develop and/or review and improve required Reliability processes.
- Review and comment as required Engineering Standards, Specifications and Safety Operational Procedures (SOPs), Support Reliability at the Design Stage.
- The responsibilities of this position will impact Safety of our operations, Operating and Capital budget, asset management,processes and controls through the development of asset strategies, the Bad Actors Program management and the reliability improvement plan recommended.
- This position will have authority to identify risks and recommend best course of action, Scope of application extends from the engineering design to existing operations of Transmission assets in US and Canada.
Daily work includes:
- Input and output of information, data and analysis among peers Reliability Engineers and, Compression, Field Technical Operations.
- Maintenance Management & Systems (MMS), Procurement Supply Chain Management (PSCM), Gas Control, Commercial and Major Project groups.
- Communicates with other stakeholders ranging from trades persons to Seniors Leadership, External Relationships.
- Request technical information and services occasionally to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), technology and software providers, Interfaces with industry peers.