Our client is a global leader in mining and metals. They have an immediate need for an Integrated Mining Scheduler to join their team
Overall, the Scheduler will continuously improve the work team performance through effective use of established processes and procedures in achieving assigned objectives. He/She will improve the effectiveness of the front-line team while meeting the business objectives. This includes ensuring the completion of assigned work with consistency and accuracy.
- Take the 3 month mine plan and builds mine operations, in detail for future weeks. Work from three month down to the week of execution in Mine Planning system
- Works with MTS, Production and Maintenance Planners and Schedulers as well as other key stakeholders including but not limited to Ventilation, Sandfill, Logistics, Shotcrete, Projects (ERM), etc.
- Monitors compliance with execution schedule and updates using Deswick Schedule
- Works with Divisional Supervisor and the Operations scheduler to identify and action improvement opportunities for mine operations schedule.
- Develop and use work templates to improve the efficiency of the planning process.
- Exhibit effective Team Membership behaviors.
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience.
- Mandatory: previous experience within mining industry (Underground mining an asset)
- Mandatory: Must have knowledge or experience with Deswick Software
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- Professional Engineering designation is an asset.