Our Public-Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Integration Specialist for a 12 month contract with high possibility of extension.
As an Integration Specialist, responsible to Provide technical assistance in design, developing and implementing integration solutions in support of integration requirements
Knowledge & Skills
- 10+ years’ development experience with at least 9 years of Java Enterprise Edition experience, typically acquired through completion of post-secondary education in a technology related field, business administration or related field with a minimum 10 years relevant technical or systems analysis experience, ideally with a mix of technical and functional PeopleSoft experience.
- 5+ years working experience and knowledge of with various integration technologies/protocols such as WebSphere Message Queue / Message Broker, Web Services, SFTP/FTP, digital encryption methods and procedures etc.
- Proven experience working with accepted methods, standards, techniques and best practices for development.
- Oral communication skills to work effectively with and discuss development approaches to clients/senior management and external stakeholders; written communications skills to document and communicate development specifications.
- Decision making skills to assist with decisions and recommendations on various issues and solutions that impact the projects/programs.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle management, development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems or products.
NICE TO HAVE:
- PeopleSoft exposure is an asset.
- Provide technical assistance in design, developing and implementing integration solutions in support of integration requirements
- Translate client business requirements and associated functional designs into technical design documentation, ensuring that the solution(s) satisfy all business requirements.
- Work with Analysts, Administrators, and Testing teams to support configurations, code customizations, code migrations, and testing from System, Integration, User Acceptance and performance.
- Participate in technical sessions to prototype new system functionality.
- Participate in workshops with project teams to explain and gain consensus on the solution(s) to be developed.
- Work with systems analysts to ensure the solution meets the approved solution design.
- Perform code reviews to identify potential issues.
- Perform unit testing and troubleshoot coding issues.
- Provide support during systems integration testing.
- Provide coordination in release and change management processes.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”