Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Telecommunication company.
We are looking for an Integration Technical Advisor to support the team.
Duration: 7 months
Location: Verdun, Quebec, Canada
The Technical Advisor team is a highly specialized group that supports the delivery of the most technically challenging projects our organization is asked to work on. Involved in every cycle of project delivery, The Technical Advisor is the design authority in term of hardware/software selection, application architecture, security & network requirements, specification and design review and implementation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor or Master of electrical or computer engineering or computer science (preferred) or Bachelor or Master in telecommunications/network engineering.
- Equivalent experience and / or education.
- SSH, AWK, SED, etc. (mandatory).
- Oracle (9i/10g/11g/12c), Dataguard and Golden Gate.
- SOAP, REST.
- Clustering and docker technologies, high-availability & DRP (planning and execution).
- Administration of multi-tier & complex environments.
- Citrix software and infrastructure.
- Open Shift and Kubernetes container platforms, Java/JEE Application servers (Weblogic, JBoss mainly) OS (UNIX –Solaris/HPUX/Linux (mainly), Windows (optional).
- DNS, SMTP, FTP/SFTP.
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Any procedural language (C, Perl, Shell, AWK, Expect, TK, etc)
- Enterprise application frameworks (Java EE, ESB, .NET, etc)
- Any markup language (HTML + CSS, XML, SGML, etc)
- General understanding of industry standards of IT, such as TOGAF, ETOM and TMF models (preferred)
- Knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools.
- General understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP (preferred).
- Network architecture concepts such as NML, MPLS, ICN, DMZ (definite asset).
- Knowledge of the Atlassian application suite: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of Kafka distributed streaming platform.
- Knowledge in microservice development using the Spring stack.
- Web Services systems interconnectivity and performance.
- Held position of increasing technical skill in network management systems, Database administration, systems administration and desktop systems.
- Participate in the backlog refinement sessions and early architecture design sessions of new a feature.
- Participate in the elaboration of the user stories and establishment of the non-functional requirements.
- Assess the impacts to the network assurance domain, following the implementation/introduction of a given network technology or feature.
- Maintain the deferent development and lab environments.
- Elaborate the capacity planning and definition of the performance testing plan and oversee the execution of the performance testing.
- Develop, implement and review nonfunctional, performance related requirements and tracking to produce system performance metrics.
- Evaluate the current utilization of the systems within the user community and propose improvements to meet business needs.
- Develop and document system interface agreements with new internal and external interfaces.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.