Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Integration/Validation Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 7 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Participates in System Design to develop requirements that can be practically validated and defines the methods of validation. Prepares test plans, procedures and reports to validate specified requirements. Performs tests in-plant and at project sites in accordance with these test plans and procedures. Plans and estimates Project V&V work. Prepares test automation scripts.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in testing of embedded real time systems or equivalent software or hardware test experience is a significant asset
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet, and databases is essential. Computer literacy using special application software such as problem tracking, requirement management and parsing software is a significant asset
- Understands basic engineering management practices for project planning and scheduling
- Field experience in a rail transit installation, test or support environment or similar technology application is of significance
- Experience in task planning, including estimation, performance tracking and reporting
- Engineering risk and decision-making process is desirable
- Performs analysis of system, subsystem and software requirements to define validation methods, and test cases
- Participates in planning, including participation in the preparation of V&V test plans
- Prepares Test Procedures in accordance with V&V test plans
- Performs integration and test activities in-house and at project sites to mitigate the key project commissioning risks
- Performs commissioning tests in plant and at project sites
- Prepares test reports which record the pass, fail status of planned tests and identify problems detected during the tests
- Develops product knowledge through formal and informal training, OJT, and self-study
- Prepares test automation scripts
- Investigates test anomalies through analysis of data files, design documentation and interaction with development departments
- Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
- Assists in the development of V&V schedules and budgets and associated progress reporting
- Participates in marketing activity by estimating new project work costs, drafting proposed commissioning and cut over plans and responding to project RFQs.
- Conduct requirement analysis, compliance mapping, and integration/test programmer risk analysis
- Develop test cases including operational and stress-test (bust-it) scenarios
- Create accurate and concise test procedures
- Conduct test execution within the laboratory and field environment, travel is required for site activities
- Consistently recognize and report anomalous system behavior and document the behavior into the problem tracking system
- Participate in resolving integration issue, problem identification, analysis and rectification of anomalies
- Perform the independent review of test results
- Communicate test observation and results in both oral and written media to engineering staff, superiors and customers
- Participate in system development through participation in system design, R&D, marketing proposal and demonstration activities
- Adhere to the company processes
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.