Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for an Integration/Validation Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 9 months
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years relevant working experience
- Experience in testing real time embedded mission critical systems
- Knowledge of in-house and field testing techniques
- Experience in developing scripts for test automation
- Good knowledge of System Engineering principles, life cycle models and requirements analysis
- Good knowledge of requirements compliance mapping
- Good knowledge of software verification and validation processes
- Participates in the integration and test planning
- Prepares Integration and Test Procedures in accordance with the plans
- Prepares test automation scripts
- Develops operational and stress / bust-it test scenarios
- Performs integration activities in-house and at project sites to mitigate the key project acceptance and commissioning risks
- Investigates integration anomalies through review of data files, design documentation and through interaction with the development teams
- Participates in the analysis of the integration issues and follows up on the rectification of anomalies
- Executes formal tests within the laboratory environment
- Consistently recognises anomalous system behaviour and documents the behaviour into the problem tracking system
- Conducts initial review of the test results through the observed system responses and the analysis of the collected data
- Performs independent review of the test results
- Communicates test observations and results in both oral and written media to superiors and other engineering staff
- Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
- Prepares integration and test reports which record the pass/ fail status of planned tests and identify THALES GROUP INTERNAL 2 / 3 problems detected during the tests
- Acquires product knowledge through active participation in formal and on the job training, as well as self-study
- Prepares trip reports upon completion of field assignments
- Adheres to the company’s processes
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.