We are looking for a Junior Engineer or EIT with 1-3 years of experience in pipeline integrity and reliability engineering for our Midstream client in their office in Downtown, Edmonton.
- Perform reliability analysis for pipeline assets using existing tools (ERA, Python, MatLab, @Risk). This includes hands-on application of existing reliability models (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian Network, Fault Tree, Decision Tree) for integrity and non-integrity threats.
- Perform more detailed investigations for lines/segments/features do not meet integrity reliability targets following existing processes.
- Address stakeholders’ requests including problem definition, data collection, application of standard assessment techniques, and communication of results. Support more senior team members for complex requests that exceed standard processes.
- Participate in the documentation and effective communication of methodology, results, limitations, etc. to internal and external stakeholders for standard assessments.
- Provide guidance to more junior staff members or external consultants to support project tasks.
- Support continuous improvement of different assessment tools and techniques through:
- Researching relevant literature;
- Collecting relevant data for feasibility analysis and system-wide analysis; propose improvement ideas for better data accuracy and data quality;
- Assisting with the automation and improvement of existing models.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support the generation of industry publications and technical reports. Respond to ad-hoc requests from PI Reliability team members to support department objectives.
- EIT Designation and eligibility for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from APEGA (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics;
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;e
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some knowledge of statistical tools (such as @RISK or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers and stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver self-directed tasks and stakeholder requests.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver thorough technical analysis and recommendations.
- Strong safety and integrity values.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.