Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for an Software Developer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As a research and technology (R&T) Software Developer you bring your expertise in to develop, build, test and evaluate the next generation of driverless, autonomous vehicle solutions for the mass transit market. You will work with a highly dynamic team in our research department to create “proof-of-concepts” and support new product introduction for the global market.
- Perform all phases of development: model, compile, build, debug, testing, validation and documentation;
- To support the implementation of a set of progressively more complex ‘proof of concept’ platforms
- To participate in ‘hands on’ development, integration, field testing and analysis of results
- To document and defend results, designs and tradeoffs
- To keep abreast of the latest research activities in our field and help apply the results into our products
- To use your skills to work with multiple sensors and help develop the latest software algorithms to control complex, safety critical systems
- To develop expertise in the mass transit and railway signaling domains and contribute to the product offering of Thales
- To become an entrepreneurial and highly productive team member and team player
- Key Job Functions:
- Support overall design solution to product definition including system architecture, failure mode analysis and system redundancy for R&T projects;
- Develop, analyze, implement algorithms for train applications:
- Design, code, integrate and test software applications required to support various R&T projects;
- Design, build and support prototype hardware;
- Provides support to product team and other departments as required to help with productization of new solutions;
- Analyzes and write requirements using Company standard methodology;
- Use and setup tools and systems for data collection and evaluation of large datasets. Experience with ‘big data’ algorithms is an asset;
- Perform design reviews per R&T lifecycle;
- Perform engineering testing in the field & investigates problems in the field.
- Keeps abreast of relevant technology developments as related to the R&T project;
- Comfortable in a highly dynamic, Agile work environment;
- Assists in providing leadership and motivation to staff.
Key Skill Requirements:
- The successful candidate should possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience or equivalent
- Excellent command of C/C++, Linux necessary
- Knowledgeable of object oriented techniques, design patterns, multithreading, socket programming
- Proficiency with a least one scripting/productivity language such as Python
- Knowledge of communication protocols, networking basics, and security
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods & tools
- Familiar with software building tools like Cmake, MSBuilds
- Familiar with source control tools (git, Clearcase, etc)
- Good analytical skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs & correlate events to failures
- Other Skills that would be an asset
- Knowledge of railway signaling techniques
- Knowledge of C#, SQL
- Experience with microcontrollers and ARM processors
- Experience with real-time, safety critical systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated test tools
- Hands on experience with GPS, radars, cameras, LIDAR
- Experience with GPU acceleration using OpenCL or CUDA
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel outside of Canada
The successful candidate should possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.