An attractive opportunity is available to a dedicated Intern Architect for our client, who is a boutique medium sized design practice in Edmonton. Our client's social and friendly office is design driven, service oriented and passionate about the buildings we create. They have been successfully serving institutional, commercial, multi-tenant residential and industrial clients for over 36 years across Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Our client's office is engaging, with a vibrant work atmosphere balanced with regular social events and philanthropic activities. They offer a competitive salary, great benefits and the opportunity to work on stimulating and varied project scales and complexities.
The prospective candidate must be a registered Alberta Association of Architects Intern, with relevant experience in Canada. The role requires various capabilities and the ideal candidate must demonstrate both personal initiative and verbal / written communication skills.
Your role as an Intern Architect includes valuable senior mentorship and opportunities to learn on a variety of tasks and projects. Your responsibilities will involve 3D Modelling, Graphics, Presentations and Participation in, and contribution to, all stages of design, contract documents and contract administration.
We are seeking an Intern Architect with the following skills:
- Skilled in conceptual design, graphics representations and 3D rendering software
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and clients
- Understanding of building code and bylaw requirements
- Ability to research and specify building materials
- Experience in design-related free-hand sketching is an asset
- Experience in facility programming is an asset
- Ability to take leadership responsibility on smaller projects with direction from senior staff members
- Capability to communicate with clients and effectively coordinate internal staff and consultants
- Aptitude for understanding the technical aspects of architecture, including contract documents
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and contract administration procedures
- Understanding of architectural design principles
- Versatility in project portfolio would be an asset
- Professional degree in Architecture from a recognized institution
- Minimum 3 years of related Canadian experience
- Knowledge of local building codes, standards and construction practices
- Skilled in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop and 3D software
- LEED accreditation is advantageous
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.