Our client, a market leading integrated oil company, has immediate need for an IS Strategic Vendor Analyst. This is a one year contract position based out of their Calgary Head Office location.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Vendor Analyst position is a key role within the Information Services (IS) Commercial Office and provides support to Vendor Specialists in the creation of successful, measurable, and sustainable business outcomes with valued vendors, while mitigating risk to the business.
The Vendor Analyst is responsible for assisting in the selection and monitoring of vendor performance based on defined strategy and overall sourcing policies. This position measures and analyzes the performance metrics delivered by IS vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective vendor services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a $50MM software portfolio, vendor billing, reporting and other administrative responsibilities that ensure vendor services don't disrupt the business functions…
- Ensure IS vendors deliver according to service commitments and/or license schedules; oversee vendor compliance and performance management, including analysis of cost and quality.
- Report on vendor compliance and performance based on established SLAs; manage vendor scorecards and dashboards for operations and management.
- Trend analysis on SLAs, KPIs, financial and other performance metrics.
- Create and maintain applicable industry benchmarks.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to ensure any software changes are compatible with established architecture standards and policies.
- Work with stakeholders to support annual appraisal of outsourced and/or vendor services to ensure continued value for the business.
- Work collaboratively with other IS teams to validate service performance / software usage and metrics.
- Experience with creating and streamlining project services/software maintenance renewal workflows
- Creating and updating monthly management reports, financial tracking of progress against annual budget and Long Range Plan.
- Assist with software license schedule development, negotiations, changes, reviews, and terminations.
- Maintain an in-house developed tool (Vendor Relationship Management) on the SalesForce platform for data accuracy and vendor support continuity.
- Previous experience understanding and maintaining financial forecast, budgets, and Long Range Plans.
- Experience and understanding of project costing, forecasting, and any other support required around invoice escalations, PO Req set up etc.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 Year's experience in IS software licensing and related vendor services
- Intermediate experience in interpreting vendor statements of work (SOWs)
- Good understanding of SAP
- Intermediate to senior experience in the end-to-end development of reporting, including data gathering, report building, audience awareness, and presentation.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Spotfire would be an asset, but not required.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with an attitude of achieving results
- Ability to think outside the box, and troubleshoot
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.