We have an immediate opening for a Business Analyst for our Oil and Gas Services client, based out of Houston, TX. As a business analyst, you will serve as a liaison between the PMO and the business community, works with business partners to analyze business requirements, and reviews/produces specifications for product or system changes. The business analyst also works with the project delivery team to ensure that they understand the specifications and acts as a thought partner who shapes demand among the business community.
- Lead cross-functional team members assigned during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion or project deliverable
- Coordinates with IT and business sponsors on business case development, scenarios, and cost/benefit analysis
- Ensure that the project sponsors expectations are translated into clear defined scope. Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met accurately and timely
- Evaluate all options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to system processing, business processing, time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates
- Coordinate and develop with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce Business Requirements Definition Document or Feasibility Analysis where necessary
- Author and present business requirements, project charters, scenarios, user stories, meeting minutes, and other documentation related to project to stakeholders and business partners. Integrate business rules and business data with technology
- Partner with project team members to identify sequence, estimate project related activities and produce the required project management schedule
- Coordinate with IT/QA, business owners and project team members to ensure test plans and test cases are comprehensive
- Provides guidance on a continuous basis to team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget
- Develop reporting documentation (Monthly Status Reports, etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed/updated regularly
- Communicate project status weekly to team, business owners and executive leadership as appropriate throughout the duration of assigned projects and through post implementation.
Skills & Experience
- Business Analysis Professional and junior Project Management- SDLC, Agile Scrum
- Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and JIRA.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyzes the source problem, verifies and validates the source problem, and recommends viable solutions.
- Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to mid-level management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
- Strong ability to interact with and use relationship management skills with project stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills-oral, written and presentation.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis and user experience design tasks with a focus on client usability experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of Lean manufacturing and integrated systems project work to drive business results and operational performance.
- Strong ability to provide solution assessment and validation including proposed solution assessment, organizational readiness, transition requirements, solution validation and performance
- Able to understand business functionality and translate it into project requirements
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational and project requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to challenge thought partners across functional areas to better understand their needs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with peers, project team, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- In depth understanding of the various project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Understanding of modeling techniques, such as unified modeling language, etc. Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.