Reporting to the Manager of Innovation and Projects, the IT Business Analyst will act as the technical liaison and consultant for the Technology and Information Systems department (TIS). The Business Analyst will be focused on one of two initiatives: TIS improvement initiatives or the corporate enterprise resource planning (ERP) upgrade initiative.
Essentially, the Business analyst (BA) is responsible for understanding what the objective of a project/initiative is, leading to how to achieve it, managing any changes to the objective and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with the desired end state. Working with the business partners in consultation with other ITS Department staff to determine requirements for, develop specifications for, evaluation, acquisition and implementation of Corporate technologies that meet their needs and are compatible with the corporate application, data, and technology architectures.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership in developing business analysis plans that implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing, analyzing and refining user requirements and business processes.
- Playing a lead role in eliciting user requirements, developing and refining requirements, building business process models and creating quality/test documentation used to support and drive the goals of the business analysis plan or TIS BA initiatives.
- Gathering the products (outputs) of business analysis plans or fact-finding initiatives and translate what has been collected into comprehensive documents (e.g. flowcharts, wireframes, Business Requirement Documents –BRD, Use-Cases etc.) used to clearly define project/departmental goals.
- Working closely with business partners, process experts, vendors, technical architects, subject matter experts and IT staff to support the documentation of design and/or development of solutions that meet user/business/project requirements and their intended goals
- Contributing to and participating in request for proposal initiatives (RFP) or town recruitment process that may include requirements documentation, vendor product reviews, vendor evaluation and vendor selection.
- Acting as a liaison between the various departments and TIS to proactively identify and bring strategic initiatives from concept to implementation ensuring service excellence to TIS internal and external clients
- Providing support during a project in eliciting and clarifying project requirements and leading teams to “right-fit” solutions while balancing project constraints.
- Developing and documenting quality/testing plans, test cases, test data samples and solution verification checklists that support the sign-off, acceptance and delivery of TIS solutions
- Identifying and reporting business processes and procedures that may benefit from a business analyst review
- Supporting the preparation of end user documentation and development of training plans as part of IT initiatives that require training.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A four-year degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Technology or equivalent
- Certification as a Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analyst (CCBA) or PMI Business Analyst Certification (PMI-BA)
- Project management experience with PMP accreditation is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with mapping end-to-end business process, business and technical requirements analysis, business planning, process modeling, verification and quality testing methodology in an Information Technology related field with a strong understanding of IT systems and ITSM processes
- A minimum of 3 years of professional project experience in a PM or BA role
- Experience creating various types of technical documents and diagrams (business requirements documents, conceptual prototypes, wireframes, flowcharts, mindmaps, architecture diagrams etc.) for diverse user audiences
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and other BA tools
- An impeccable attention to detail while moving in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multi-task effectively, work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, delivering high-priority items quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively build relationships and elicit user needs