Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for IT Execution Specialist who will assist in ensuring the execution of Client’s Strategic Vendor Marketplace and Vendor Managed services strategy in collaboration with preferred suppliers and client leads.
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- Resource will be responsible for assisting stakeholders in successfully sourcing, implementing new strategies and processes to exploit vendor delivered services.
- This role must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure effective delivery of committed services.
- This role is a specialist position, reporting directly tthe Manager, IT Vendor Management Office.
- The IT Execution Specialist will be accountable for developing new processes, templates, tools, and artifacts, executing sourcing pilots of newly developed processes, working with project and service owners to optimize vendor delivered services and ensure the attainment of stabilization exit criteria as new processes are ope rationalized.
Leadership and managerial duties:
- Provide knowledge and drive ongoing value from vendor through sourcing events, contract changes, reviews and contract implementation, always working in collaboration with service owners, project owners and the VMO.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including TIS operations service owners and project owners, Supply Chain Management, and Business Partners — to execute established practices for vendor interaction.
- Minimize and mitigate adverse risks (commercial, operational, legal, regulatory, etc.)
- Ensure compliance of vendor agreements to established vendor management practices (e.g., articulation of playbooks, service levels, deliverable, etc.).
- Conduct operational duties in alignment with internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interaction, service owner execution and project delivery
- Leverage and support the maintenance/enhancement of tools for use in analytics and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards).
- Ensure the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on vendor performance, risk and relationships tkey stakeholders and vendors.
- Lead collaborative sourcing initiatives, including pre-proposal (RFIs), RFP and post-award implementation where required.
- For vendor delivered project delivery, coach the project owner on approaches for achieving the required outcomes within time and budget, reducing or mitigating change orders.
- Work with the service management office to implement new service management approaches with vendors
- Support the sharing of knowledge, best practices and learning within the field of execution management
- Build and provide feedback within the team team on any artifacts, including playbooks, collaborative sourcing templates, or any process documentation.
- Document the outcome of the any pilots of new processes and in the case of stabilization of of new processes, track exit criteria and drive execution tachieve the exit criteria.
- Seek out feedback on performance of the vendor and services supplied.
- Build and execute on RFP’s and Statements of Work
- Assist the vendor management office as required to provide feedback of vendor performance against contracts.
- Take guidance from the VMon matters relating to contract compliance and implementation
- Adhere the established communication process with vendors, including what information should be communicated, when and by whom, to ensure that appropriate leverage is preserved.
- Manage the measurement and reporting of vendor performance, service owners and project owners, including the development of evaluation tools based on requirements, and the creation of scorecards and dashboards that will accurately present this data.
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance of vendor services and project delivery are properly tied to business outcomes and bias-free, and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear.
- Execute integration of vendors to deliver services in a cohesive and efficient manner.
- Identify and manage vendor risks that can lead to financial losses, business disruptions, and regulatory interventions.
- Manage service requests in alignment to the established approach to requesting new services.
- Some travel may be required.
- Support a range of initiatives and relationships varying in scope, complexity and critical
- Independently and collaboratively deliver assigned initiatives, with guidance and direction from management as necessary.
- Carry out complex work, generally requiring medium to long term focus
- Develop processes and roll-out of enterprise technology vendor management to 1200 employees
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (business, supply chain management, computer science or similar)
- Seven or more years of professional experience in Vendor Management, IT Service Delivery, or Supply Chain Management with an IT focus.
- Proven leadership experience with/or managing global IT vendors.
- Strong base understanding and capability to explore market knowledge, developments and trends related to current offerings and the vendor landscape.