Have you had the responsibility of designing and executing front and back-end development? Do you have experience as a full stack engineer with 8+ years of experience with front and back-end software engineering? Do you enjoy leading and contributing in fast paced high energy teams? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
As the Technology Lead, you will be responsible for the design and execution of front-end and back-end development. This involves designing and implementing overall architecture of the application, translating UI/UX elements, and integrating front-end and back-end aspects. Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll provide day-to-day leadership of delivery of complex IT services for the product team in leading and coordinating with the technology members of the team (e.g., developers, engineers).
- You’ll bring deep functional expertise to provide guidance and feedback on work of individual developers and engineers to ensure large-scale business impact to the digital products being built.
- You’ll lead the design and implementation of the architecture of the application.
- You’ll work closely with the Digital team to implement a robust set of services and APIs to power the application.
- You’ll spearhead development of reusable code and libraries for future use.
- You’ll collaborate with the Digital team and business users to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- You’ll partner with the UX Designer to translate UI/UX elements from designer to visual elements.
- You’ll lead integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the application.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience in data engineering, data science, or software engineering experience (5+ years).
- You know front-end and back-end software engineering (i.e., experience as a full stack engineer) (8+ years).
- You lead other developers.
- You understand data architecture and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- You are familiar with data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- You are experienced in management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- You implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- You are proficient in source control tools and familiar with development aiding tools.
- You are an ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a great teammate with a professional presence and a passion for digital, notably around user experience and continuously improving status quo.
- You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you.
- You build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace.
- You are passionate for innovation with a “can do” attitude.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.