Our Banking Client in Scarborough, ON is looking to hire an Finance Project Manager for a 4+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
Finance Project Manager responsible to provide support to teams to plan, assess and design the financial reporting and tracking of the portfolio and projects.
- Managing and overseeing a number of project(s), including accruals, forecast, spend analysis, management of the Clarity PPM allocations and resource management for project add-ons
- Perform financial modeling, reporting, and analysis in support of project plans, monthly closing, and portfolio scenario simulations
- Exercise knowledge of overall business strategy and operations, including business processes, cost components, and drivers of these measures
- Provide important business information and support ad-hoc reports as directed • Support creation of materials for various management reviews and meetings
- Create/drive the critical metrics for financial reporting on projects (examples: support cost reporting tools and earned value reports)
- Provide timely and accurate updates to the project manager as required
- Provide assistance with various/other projects when needed
- Ensures SLA’s are met for status updates, monthly and quarterly reports
- Communicate status updates and issues in a concise and timely manner to management
- Act as a catalyst for change and process improvement.
- Identify opportunities for process re-engineering and strategic growth
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or Accounting or a Business Degree with a finance focus is required •CPA designation
- 10+ years of experience in finance or accounting role are required • 5-7 years of experience in projects delivery environment
- Experience working on large scale projects
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) to VP level as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Clarity PPM
- Understanding of Capitalization & Expense management
- Trend analysis
- Political awareness, tact and diplomacy
Nice to Have:
- Experience in financial or banking industry, Scotiabank is preferred
- Knowledge of SMARTSTREAM, BITA
- Confident to speak and present to Stakeholders, VPs and Directors.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”