Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Systems Engineer- Specialist for 12 months of contract role.
As a Systems Engineer- Specialist is responsible for supporting the roll out of Skype for Business Enterprise Voice to approximately 15,000 end-users
The Banking client is a Collaboration Engineering team is a team of subject matter experts responsible for the design, build and support (L3) of messaging and collaboration services such as Microsoft Exchange 2010 / Exchange Online, Skype for Business 2015 (with Enterprise Voice), SharePoint 2013 / SharePoint Online, Teams, and Message Archiving. The team works closely with Solution Design, Architecture, Security, Operations and Service & Platform Management teams to ensure services are well defined, adhere to design and security best practices, and provide a consistent experience to our end users.
- Daily duties will evolve over time but will be focused around the following tasks
- Skype for Business upgrade/migration (moving from Lync to Skype for Business)
- Solutions design, build, and testing
- Documentation of steps on how to implement in other environments
- Provide level 3 support with Skype voice technologies when needed
- Escalate issues to Microsoft when required
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the system with focus on stability.
- 5+ years of experience with voice engineering and architecture with a focus on Unified Communications technologies such as Skype
- Extensive Skype for Business experience and subject matter expertise.
- Experience with major enterprise Skype for Business initiatives such as performing a major rollout, including experience with deploying and configuring
- Enterprise voice telephony integration with Skype for Business 2015 on-premise, as well as Skype for Business Online
- Voice integration with either an Oracle or Cisco platform
- Experience working with Skype in a multi-domain Active Directory and Office 365 hybrid mode environment
Nice to Have:
- Client end-point configuration and troubleshooting experience. Able to trace from endpoint back to infrastructure to identify issues.
- Experience with Enterprise Archive and Data Capture solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”