Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility company in Michigan? They are currently looking for an IT Technical Analyst III to support their facility in Jackson Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: IT Technical Analyst III
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: Until Aug. 2019 (possible extension)
- The Business Technology IT Application Portfolio team is responsible for the requirement definition, design, implementation, and unit testing of IT solutions.
- The team is responsible for documenting high level business requirements and translating them into detailed functional and non-functional specifications.
- As such, the team assists the business in determining which requirements can be automated and how they are integrated with other business and technical processes.
- Further, the team selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
- Additionally, the team specifies and documents requirements, ensuring testability and traceability back to source while partnering with quality assurance in defining acceptance tests.
- The team is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of the IT solution to meet the business requirements.
- The Application Developer works with business partners and IT staff to identify application development solutions, new applications or resolutions to problems reported on current applications.
- The Application Developer may participate in specification reviews for system enhancements delivered by suppliers or during the idea and project inception phase, driving early solutions.
- The Application Developer may provide input and support planning and prioritization for business and/or IT process related activities.
- The Application Developer may identify processes for improvement, document existing processes, identify and analyze gaps between current processes and the desired state, design new processes, and develop process performance measures.
- The Application Developer teams with the business partners, Business Technology Partners, and Solution Architects to document proposals and create RFx documents.
- Work with end-users, business partners, and suppliers to define business requirements for defect resolution, process improvement, or solution development
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the assigned area's systems, organization, and business processes.
- Tasks may include work on definition and selection of new applications/solutions as well as working on a project team to implement a solution; after implementation, will be expected to provide second/third level support for application(s)
- Perform prototyping, design, documentation, and implementation of complex, cost effective solutions.
- Provide input to alternative solutions.
- Identify technical options and may define the detailed specifications of technology solutions.
- Support the Testing Center of Excellence in requirement interpretation, test case development, and data mining.
- Ensure that information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the system design.
- Select appropriate tools, following enterprise standards and protocols for project teams.
- Enlist appropriate experts to ensure solutions are fully compliant with architecture process and standards.
- Provide systems expertise to system users, business partners, and other internal/external customers including trouble shooting issues, as well as, identifying and correcting inefficiencies.
- Continuously strengthen technical knowledge in new and existing technologies.
- Build relationships with IT strategic suppliers to gain an understanding of cross-functional processes and required interactions between the suppliers and IT.
- Strong knowledge of IT and/or business functional area.
- Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Demonstrated customer focus & evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Deep experience as an analyst exhibiting strong investigative and problem solving skills, communicating in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluating information/data to make decisions.
- Knowledge of IT principles, methods, and practice; experienced in IT systems development process and procedures.
- Experienced in system design.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, processes and testing requirements.
- Leadership abilities including strategic and tactical thinker.
- Flexible, agile, able to transition quickly.
- Understanding of core information technology concepts.
- Understanding of standard information technology techniques and theory
- Skill in basic problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information System, Business or related field Skills and Experience.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.