Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Application Developer for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As an Application Developer, is responsible development group supporting Equity Market Technology. They are comprised of approximately 7 resources and are responsible for the ongoing development of over 20 applications within the Capital Markets space. And the resource will be supporting the migration of applications from Unix to VM/Linux.
Daily Job Duties/Activities:
•This role will be focused on coding/development related to the migration of current applications to a new environment, working with business analysts and app support to create application enhancements.
• 10+ years of experience in Java development
• Spring Framework experience (springboard, spring integration, and spring batch)
• Oracle database experience (11g – 12c preferred)
• Strong Linux and UNIX experience
• WebLogic experience
• JBOSS experience
• Shell scripting experience/familiarity
• AutoSys experience/familiarity
• SQL Server experience
• RedHat Open Shift experience
• Capital Markets/Equities experience
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
This resource will be supporting the migration of applications from Unix to VM/Linux.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working with on a Daily Basis?: This resource will be working closely with the other members of the development team, as well as Business Analysts, and application support teams as needed.
Daily Job Duties/Activities:
- This role will be focused on coding/development related to the migration of current applications to a new environment, working with business analysts and app support to create application enhancements.
- 10+ years of experience in Java development
- Spring Framework experience (springboard, spring integration, and spring batch)
- Oracle database experience (11g – 12c preferred)
- Strong Linux and UNIX experience
- WebLogic experience
- JBOSS experience
- Shell scripting experience/familiarity
- AutoSys experience/familiarity
- SQL Server experience
- RedHat Open Shift experience
- Capital Markets/Equities experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team-oriented, working collaboratively
- Able to work to tight deadlines