Our Public Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Job Description Writer for a 6+ month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Job Description Writer, he/she is responsible to work collaboratively with Human Resources and various Stakeholders to draft and update job descriptions within a Unionized environment.
- Consulting with Management stakeholders to gather job requirements and undertake a thorough needs analysis in order to translate job functions into job description format
- Write, edit and / or review HR content to ensure alignment with job evaluation standards and college policies
- Analyse and compare job descriptions to identify appropriate job evaluation rating benchmarks and flag duplication of functions across different roles
- Attend meetings and communicate with relevant College stakeholders to understand business and job design requirements
- Organize and prioritize the creation and submission of multiple job descriptions within short deadlines
- Interpret new process requirements and identify opportunities for improvement to ensure high level of quality
- Ensure content information is clear, accurate and complete, following industry standards for plain language and information design
- Understand the impact and effectiveness of communications suitable to all audience types, while maintaining high level of confidentiality
- 2-year Diploma/Degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Human Resources, Business or a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3 years of experience with technical writing and producing manuals or user instruction documents;
- Experience writing job descriptions would be an asset
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills (spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, voice, style, tone), with a strong command of English
- Knowledge of Job Evaluation and Job Design would be a strong asset
- Experience writing job descriptions within a unionized environment would be a strong asset
- Strong verbal communication and consulting skills with the ability to clarify ambiguous information
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail and the ability recognize relationships and distinctions between complex systems
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and detail within short deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to deliver materials in a clear and consistent tone that is easy to follow
- Political acuity and judgement to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- MS Office (Word, Outlook, Adobe, Visio, Excel)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”