Journeyman Electrician (Airfield)
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Must have Certification of Qualification
- Temp-to-Perm, 12-hr Continental Shift (2 weeks Days, 1 week Nights)
- Starting at $42.92 plus Shift Premiums
- Company Paid Benefits, Pension Plan; PPE, Tools and Uniform Provided
Are you looking to an employer that is able to offer a fast-paced, ever changing and challenging career? A place you can get in, learn new skills and grow; a place that you can retire from?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the largest Airport Authority in Canada that sees the most people on an annual basis. A place that requires a strong sense of urgency and commitment to safety at all times. They are looking to bring on two Journeyman that will work to become a permanent part of their team.
As our new Airfield Electrician, you will enjoy working independent and apart of a small crew. You will maintain all electrical power and distribution installations primarily airside as well as buildings.
Your tasks will include:
- Maintain all illumination devices and lighting systems in the airfield and administrative buildings
- Maintain airfield lighting control systems, baggage systems, passenger boarding bridge and associated gate equipment
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance, emergency repairs and modifications to airport electrical systems such as, Aircraft Support Systems but not limited to, electrical distribution systems including emergency power generation, Building Automated Lighting System, Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Controls and all other auxiliary equipment with Electrical controls.
- Installing new electrical services in facilities including sizing conduit and/or cable runs, carrying out installation work and testing the completed job
- Provide supervision and monitoring of electrical maintenance, repair and project work being performed by outside contractors, and observing the work being done by contractor personnel. Also, ensure that it is being completed in accordance with contract specifications, report to the Electrical Manager and/or the Technical Specialist/Supervisors on the quality of the work performed and recommend its acceptance or rejection
- Diagnose electrical equipment faults (including electronic components)
- Check and test fire alarm systems, monitoring systems and implementing necessary repairs
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. We will support you through the interview process as well as your first couple of months on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- Certification of Qualification – 309A Journeyman Electrician
- Minimum of 3 years experience at Journeyman level in a Electrical Maintenance position
- Full G Drivers License with a Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must have a Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working in adverse weather conditions, previous experience preferred
- Able to work under pressure and tight timelines; strong sense of urgency
- Previous experience with electrical and/or mechanical system and/or equipment related to Building and Construction operations is required