Maintenance Journeyman Millwright
- Scarborough, Ontario
- Certification of Qualification
- $35 per hour, OT after 40 hours, Shift Premiums
- Company Paid Benefits, Annual Footwear Allowance
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
Are you looking to work in a team-oriented environment with others that have strong work ethics and commitment to safety?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a leader in the manufacturing of containerboard and corrugated products. They have been running at their location for over 20 years now and support by their parent company that has been in business for over 50 years.
As our new Maintenance Millwright, you will have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and commitment to safety at all times.
You will be:
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots production and auxiliary equipment/processes to minimize unplanned down time.
- Read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Modifies, repairs or replaces parts of machinery to maintain production capacity.
- Fabricates machine parts using workshop equipment (e.g. lathe, milling, drilling, grinding, and welding).
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance and continuous improvement in order to improve on plant reliability.
- Inspects, lubricates, measures, replaces parts in accordance with the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Participates in projects, such as installations, start-ups, and shutdown.
- Maintains effective multi layer verbal/non-verbal communication
- Maintains a safe, clean work area and follows all safety procedures and other standards
- Occasional call in during off shift for machine breakdowns and emergency purposes
- Documents activities and generates data such as log books, work orders, hazard report, incident report and emails.
- Supervise outside contractors when on-site .
- Receives necessary trainings and trains other co-workers.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman Millwright (433A) required
- 5 years of post-license experience with relevant experience (e.g. packaging, printing, food manufacturing)
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to take ownership and work independently
- Understanding on Electrical systems
- Comply with Health & Safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Supportive and respectful of others; cooperative and maintain a positive attitude to reach team objectives
- Flexible to work Rotating Shifts (Monday to Friday, 8-hr shifts)
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.