Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Lead Accountant III in Houston, Texas
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- The Lead Accountant provides technical guidance to both finance and operations leaders; does not have direct reports
- Maintain the financial ledger of a legal entity in compliance with local laws/GAPs, tax codes, government regulations and filing requirements.
- Book Journals to reflect financial activities in compliance with above same (may include some or all of: accruals, fixed assets, stock/inventory, accounts receivables, accounts payables, expenses, payroll)
- Ensure timely and defect-free account reconciliations.
- Ensure all expenses paid & recorded in ERP system, ensuring compliance within SOPs and business/company policies.
- Participate in regular balance sheet reviews and variance analyses
- Provide accurate and timely statutory & management reporting
- Provide Ad hoc reporting for Corporate/Business requests
- Execute on policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, Data Request (DR) submissions, and representation letters and adjusting entries
- Participate in annual pre-close, quarterly CFO risk reviews and monthly controller ship reviews with key operations and financial management personnel
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes
- Participate and provide input into simplification initiatives
- Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues Partner with Audit Staff and Finance Managers for internal compliance reviews
- Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk
- Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization
- Identify potential risks & opportunities & and communicate effectively
- Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions Criteria & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field and 7-10-year progressive accounting or finance experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
- Not required, but experience with Oracle, Openlink and/or Egistix a plus. CPA a plus. Work schedule 8-5 each day.