Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Lead Accountant in Houston, TX
- Prepare monthly pipeline actualization and settlements with trading counter-parties.
- Coordinate with other settlement accountants and trader’s/schedulers for contract resolution.
- Also preforming the monthly Oracle payments upload process.
- Lead in the process of preparing and providing monthly cash forecast to the Treasury group.
- Review and approve the margin analysis including the monthly estimate vs actual for five general ledger lines of business (eight business segments).
- Overall Coordination of the Accrual and Actual Earnings calculations including JE support, reconciliations to GL and audit support as well as SOX compliance.
- Work with Tidal Traders, Schedulers and Commercial Analyst to ensure timely and accurate earnings accruals and actualization.
- Ensure Crude accounting accrual and actual excel template is maintained for needed business changes and calculations are correct.
- Ensure inter company balances are properly eliminated during closing and settled as required.
- Review and posting of Market to Market information that is provided by the Risk group on a monthly basis.
- Prepare lower cost or market calculations (LCM) for crude inventories on a monthly basis, ensuring accurate calculations.
- Coordinate, review and sign off on the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead the coordination, preparation, analysis and reporting of the Excel financial files; including providing comments on any large changes from month to month.
- Respond to inquiries on the financials from Tidal Energy Services, Corporate and Senior Management.
- Prepare and review corporate and PWC required quarterly variance analysis and support schedules.
- Prefer candidates with CPA, 10+ years experience in crude oil settlements and crude oil accounting.
- Crude Oil pipeline actualization and purchase/sales settlements experience.
- Accounting Degree
- Strong excel skills
- Familiarity with Open Link or other crude oil trading systems.
- Experience with Crude Oil contracts settlement systems
- CPA, master’s degree, MBA and/or equivalent related industry experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines concurrently
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Oracle, Open Link or other oil trading system/contracts system software would be beneficial
- Overall accounting relevant experience (6-7 years minimum)
- Experience with Oracle, Openlink and/or Egistix a plus