Our client, a market leading integrated oil company has an immediate need for a Lead Maintenance and Turnaround Planner to join their team in their St. John’s, Newfoundland office. This is an eleven (11) month contract opportunity. Preference for candidates that are local is desired.
Our client is currently looking for a Maintenance and Turnaround Planner to join the Production Operations Team. The Maintenance and Turnaround Planner is responsible for all planned maintenance work to support the FPSO; the weekly maintenance plan, Yearly Turnarounds, as well as material and resource planning to facilitate this work scope. The Maintenance and Turnaround Planner will provide leadership and determine priorities in conjunction with the Maintenance Superintendent for the maintenance planning team. Critical to this role is the development of a strong relationship with the maintenance team, production team, Marine team, & Engineering Team to ensure that the daily maintenance and the yearly Turnarounds are performed in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner, in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with maintenance, engineering, procurement, and operations personnel to set maintenance/Turnaround priorities and resolve execution issues
- Coordinate with the Procurement Department to ensure all required spares, material, and service contracts are in place to execute the work order scope
- Identifying outage orders that can be completed swiftly during opportune times by preparing job-packs for implementation at the first opportune time
- Development of the turnaround plan from inception to completion of the event
- Perform periodic auditing of maintenance procedures and practices
- Monitor the two-week plan ensuring that all operational and maintenance activities are carried out in a planned, efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner
- Work closely with onshore and offshore personnel to identify support issues and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Input, analyze, monitor and assist in the management of the PM/PDM process in SAP
- Manages and motivates team within department and acts as a Turnaround champion for the client’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the Turnaround processes and work activities are executed in compliance with policy, procedures to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Implement actions to optimize planning processes to improve performance and attain efficiency
Must Have Skills
- 10 year’s oil and gas experience
- Journeyman or technologist designation
- Basic Survival training
- H2S Alive
Nice to Have Skills
- Having a P.Eng. would be considered an asset
- PMP designation
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.