Do you dream at night about building highly complex multi-threaded, multi-component, performant runtime systems? Is your idea of fun figuring out how to build a robust, reliable, and low maintenance system? Then this is the job for you! In this job role you will work in the core software organization, as lead engineer on the perception framework team. Our framework is the beating heart connecting all of the vital components of the most advanced mixed reality platform on planet earth.
- Working across teams to design and implement the next generation framework
- In addition to writing code, you will be responsible for doing outreach with the algorithm developers, help them understand the integration system, work with them in a pair programming context where needed, and to be an aggressive promoter for the highest quality of coding practices in the broader community
- This will include both the manner in which our own internal tools and systems are used, as well as, more generic good coding practices
- Help maintain a culture of best practices, professionalism, and respect
- Extensive programming experience (7+ years)
- Extensive experience with C++
- Unix systems programming
- Unusual level of familiarity with multi-threaded systems and intra-thread IPC systems
- Design patterns for testability, reliability, and performance
- Experience with professional coding practices a must (this means code review, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum type processes, etc)
- Excellent communication skills required
- BA/BS in Computer Science or comparable field strongly preferred
- MA/MS in Computer Science preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.