Our Midstream client has an immediate opening for a SCADA and Lead Detection Engineer/Analyst.
- Evaluates leak detection systems and develops recommendations to PCSLD Management for additional instrumentation to achieve improved leak detectability with appropriate justification; and assists with submissions into capital budget cycles and long range planning program.
- Provides input into the development and improvements to Leak Detection standards.
- Provides recommendations to Leak Detection Management on the development of new leak detection processes, procedures, documentation and training.
- Delivers onboarding and mentorship to junior members of the Leak Detection Team.
- Participates in developing recommendations for new or improved modelling standards.
- Reviews and regularly updates all leak detection model documentation to ensure latest standards and review cycles are followed.
- Delivers training to members of Leak Detection on leak detection and related technologies.
- On a daily basis, this position works directly with Leak Detection Analysts, Engineering Project Managers, SCADA Systems Analysts, and other Leak Detection team members, to ensure that existing Leak Detection Systems are functioning.
- Responds to information requests from internal and external stakeholders related to Operations, Compliance and Projects.
- This position communicates issues impacting the company's ability to meet or exceed targets for leak detection sensitivity and reliability to the Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers in Leak Detection.
- On occasion, communicates directly with the company's Control Center Operations to determine solutions to complex operational issues that impact the functionality of leak detection systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Professional Engineer, or an equivalent Systems Analyst, with a minimum of 4 years of SCADA integration, process control design or operation, and any leak detection experience
- Knowledge of Control Centre operations and SCADA systems
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Effective communication, facilitation, customer service, and problem solving skills. Ability to deliver training to staff on leak detection systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, VISIO, JIRA, and PI is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge in pipeline hydraulics.
- Previous experience using real-time transient model software and/or statistical modeling software.
- Demonstrated ability to program software in a complex multi-system environment.
- Understanding of North American leak detection related regulatory requirements such as API-1130, API-1149, API-1175, CSA Z662 Annex E.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.