Our downtown Edmonton midstream client is looking for an experienced Legal Associate. The individual will be providing legal administrative services to Associate General Counsel, Senior Legal Counsel, and Legal Counsel, as required, in our client's Law Department with respect to operations, commercial, corporate and administrative matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, accurate and efficient administrative support while handling a high volume workload by drafting correspondence, standard form documents and transcribing dictation.
- Support the efficient internal operation of Counsel’s files by creating and maintaining an organized, standardized and well-planned electronic/hard copy filing system to ensure that files and information therein are easily accessible.
- Communicate and work with all members of the Legal Services Department by taking a team approach to problems and their solutions, ensuring effective lines of communication exist within the department as well as other departments
- Assist in the coding of invoices; expense reporting; time keeping.
- Perform other administrative tasks as requested by the Legal Counsel;
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings, hospitality requirements, making travel arrangements and other related duties, as required.
- Requires a high degree of discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with senior level internal and external contacts as well as highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a legal or senior administrative assistant for on complicated business and commercial matters.
- The position requires an individual who is able to handle a high workload and provide responses on short timelines.
- Must be able to adapt quickly, prioritize effectively and have a high degree of common sense and business sense.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organization, communication (written and oral) and people skills are required.
- Strong computer skills required (including Microsoft Suite, Oracle, Workday, Sharepoint) and ability to quickly learn internal information management systems.
- Preferred: Legal Assistant Diploma (an asset)
- Heavy workloads at times, requiring production of accurate work on a very short time line.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to maintain high degree of independence in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- High concentration levels of reading, studying and focused listening.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Overtime occasionally required.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.