If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for a Licensing Director II for a 6 months assignment 100 Results Way, Marlborough, MA 01752.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Title – Licensing Director II
Work shift (days/times) – 40 hours per week 5 days per week (possibility of working from home 1 or 2 days per week once fully trained & independent)
- Drive value across the Lifesciences business by assuming responsibility for Licensing priorities and managing transactions (in -licensing, technology acquisitions and strategic alliances)
- Independently source, analyse, structure and negotiate licensing transactions
- Works with cross-functional teams (IP, legal, marketing, R&D, finance) to deliver favourable deal outcomes
- Ensure application and compliance to standardized licensing terms across Lifesciences
- Champion and create continuous access to innovation for LifeScienes through appropriate licensing deals. Asses all opportunities, prepare proposed business terms and support deal execution.
- Execute transactions to support the business by performing market analysis, identifying targets, leading due diligence efforts, and structuring/ negotiating deals
- Mine relevant scientific and customer insights to guide business decisions and validate opportunities. Present tactics and activity recommendations to executive management for review and direction setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or a technical field, and a minimum of two years of business development – in the areas of licensing, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other investments, OR a minimum of six years of business development – in the areas of acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other investments
- Demonstrated licensing experience, working across global P&Ls and regions
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and negotiating business transactions including licensing evaluation, modeling and financial analysis
- Proven track record supporting and managing transactions
- Ability to understand the various business unit goals and proactively identify inorganic opportunities to meet them
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of technologies relating to growth area in LS – biopharmaceutical manufacturing, cell technology, imaging and forensics.
- Strong working knowledge of English language (oral and written)
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Note: Exceptional teamwork, verbal and written communication skills, Strong multi-tasking skills and experience