Ian Martin is hiring Senior Linux Software Engineers to join our team in the Greater Chicago area for a temporary to direct assignment with a global healthcare services and manufacturing provider.
This role will work closely with systems and product management teams to gather software design requirements, design, build, and maintain a LINUX server environment, evaluate current systems and recommend new solutions, and serve as a liaison between the Unix Services and Software Engineering teams.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
- 5+ year’s experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
- Experience with Linux servers working in bare metal and virtualized environments
- Experience in hardening Linux environments
- Expertise in Linux and Python scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining webservers, web services and database servers
- Strong grasp of configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and/or Salt
- Experience in managing infrastructure on-prem, datacenter and on cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with storage systems
- Proficient understanding of the Linux network stack, TCP and UDP, and Multicast
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as KVM, VMWare
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.