Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communication company.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You will be responsible in helping to maintaining and grow a LINUX majority infrastructure. This environment is home to the Arcsight & Elasticsearch deployment, which stretches across the company.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University diploma / degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a System administrator on CentOS or Debian based platforms.
- Experience with the Zabbix Monitoring Platform.
- Experience in automating tasks via Shell Scripting.
- Has worked with the Python programming language.
- Knowledge in automation systems like Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in a VMware / vSphere Environment.
- Experience in managing complex systems deployed across many sites.
- Experience in High Availability systems.
- Knowledge in security concepts and standards ISO-27001.
- Expertise in writing technical documentation.
- RedHat certification.
- Knowledge in routing, switching and firewall.
- Knowledge in Windows 2003/2008/2012.
- Manage and optimize various UNIX based platforms hosting ArcSight applications.
- Aid in the development of an increasingly automated infrastructure.
- Help with the continued development of a robust Zabbix deployment across 200+ devices.
- Routinely analyze performance metrics for actionable items.
- Troubleshoot networking issues across one of largest networks in Canada.
- Manage and maintain multiple VMware environments.
- Configure and deploy ArcSight & Elasticsearch related technology.
- Perform tasks relating to fault management.
- Be on the 24/7 rotation (1 week every 3 -5 weeks.)
- Produce and revise documentation of managed ArcSight & Elasticsearch systems.
- Perform infrequent out of office hours appliance deployment.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.