Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Communication company.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to support the team.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Verdun, Quebec, Canada
The Technical Advisor team is a highly specialized group that supports the delivery of the most technically challenging projects our organization is asked to work on. Involved in every cycle of project delivery, the Technical advisor on the security & network requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor or Master of electrical or computer engineering or computer science (preferred)
- Bachelor or Master in telecommunications/network engineering.
- Linux/UNIX, Windows
- OS troubleshooting
- Software installation/management (Apache, JBoss/Wildfly, etc.)
- DNS, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, SSH, etc.
- Scripting (shell, perl, awk, python, etc.)
- Hardware – Sun, HP, IBM
- Docker, Kubernetese, OpenShift
- Jenkins, uDeploy, Ansible
- Dynatrace, DCRUM
- Kibana/Elasticsearch/Logstash/Beats (ELK)
- Oracle (mainly), MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- Experience building/using SQL, PL/SQL, ETL
- Apache Kafka, Confluence
- Web Services / SOA, N-Tier Architectures
- Administration of multi-tier & complex environment
- Clustering, high-availability & DRP (planning and execution)
- IT Security (preferred) – OS, Network, Application
- Knowledge of IP stacks and protocol analysis tools.
- General understanding of network protocols, including TCP, IP, SNMP (preferred)
- The Technical Advisor will work on the lab infrastructure (50+ servers) within the service assurance domain. He will support and monitor the heterogeneous infrastructure (HPUX, Solaris, Linux, Windows) and will need to resolve/troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- The Technical Advisor will need to support a common backup solution for the all the applications/servers within our domain.
- The Technical Advisor will also participate in projects and technical documentation.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.